Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question Anybody know how to get the "first published" date for an app in the WP8 store?

Does anyone know how to get the date an app was first published in the Windows Phone store? I see the "last published" date in the Details tab for the app from the Windows Developer Dashboard, but I need to know the date the app was originally published before any updates. I need to know this to make sure it meets the time window eligibility requirement for a DVLUP Challenge.

-- roschler

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Anybody know how to get the "first published" date for an app in the WP8 store?

I'm not sure if the exact date is printed anywhere, but I was able to find the date based on when my downloads started.

So, if you have any idea (ie. the month and year) when your app was first approved, go to Reports > App Downloads then changes the dates until you find the start of the downloads?

Super Contributor

Re: Anybody know how to get the "first published" date for an app in the WP8 store?

Ask windows store people by detailed email of your requirement, I hope they will help you , if they have enough time.

Regular Contributor

Hello roschler,

There is a alternative way to find app first publish date, in Report section... here you can find the date of first time publish or first download.

Select the following parameters.
    Start date : Is should be very old date.
    End Date : would be today or yesterday

And then go to chart/ graph then click on raising the chart's daily line then you will get your first app download date, may be it will help you to prove your app is already submitted to store.

Hope it helps.
    Pavan Pareta
    Sr. Software Engineer
    http://windows-mobile-dev.blogspot.com

Regular Contributor

Thanks! I need that info to make sure I meet the eligibility requirements for some of the DVLUP challenges.

-- roschler