Discussion Board

Question NFC issue in Lumia 820 developer device with Amber and GDR 3 preview

I have a Nokia Lumia 820 device. While I run NFC test app to it, the output window shows exited with code 259 (0x103)

Full debug output is

Code:
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\mscorlib.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.RuntimeHost.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Windows.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Net.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Xml.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\Data\Programs\{D86D77EF-53AA-4B7D-95C4-450B169C3814}\Install\Test NFC.DLL'. Symbols loaded.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Core.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    The thread 0x7b8 has exited with code 259 (0x103).
    The thread 0x80c has exited with code 259 (0x103).
    My app code is

Code:
    var proximityDevice = Windows.Networking.Proximity.ProximityDevice.GetDefault();
                if (proximityDevice != null)
                {
                    MessageBox.Show("YES"); 
                }// at least one proximity device installed } 
                else
                {
                    MessageBox.Show("NOOOOO");
                }
    I am with Amber update and in GDR3 preview. and take a look at this screen also. enter image description here

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: NFC issue in Lumia 820 developer device with Amber and GDR 3 preview

If you simply search for exit code 259 with Google, you will find some hints. It is a thread "exit code" which actually means that the thread is still running.
    Does your code work otherwise? Remember that you need a capability for executing this method (see documentation http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ice.getdefault).