Discussion Board

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

New Nokia Developer Beta

Please use this thread to report your findings, bug-reports, suggestions etc. for the new Nokia Developer discussion board or even any other sections of the Nokia Developer.

Note that you need to provide the full information of the bug including your browser and your OS and any other information that you think is needed to reproduce the defect/bug

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

The landing page of developer.nokia.com does not work in IE 9 on vista (only "Disallowed Key Characters." is displayed), it works alright in FF in same machine. This is true for many sections including blogs etc.

Nokia Developer Champion

I faced the same issue with IE11 on Windows 8.1. Clearing the browser cache however fixed the issue for me.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SB Dev View Post
    I faced the same issue with IE11 on Windows 8.1. Clearing the browser cache however fixed the issue for me.
    Also, if you're still having trouble, try clearing Nokia cookies from your browser. We are working on this.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by SB Dev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fpatton View Post
    Also, if you're still having trouble, try clearing Nokia cookies from your browser. We are working on this.

Fred
    Yes these tricks worked for me..Thanks!!

profile page seems to be broken (I am referring to Nokia developer profile and not the Discussion board profile which seems fine Example https://developer.nokia.com/Profile/?u=fpatton)

Super Contributor

IMO, too much vertical "white space" at the top; with the brower menus, etc., takes up 2/3 of the screen on my display. Could easily loose a few dozen lines of single colour pixels that just sit there taking up real estate with little to contribute.

Just to add a bit along the lines of Petri, Even lot of vertical white space in the signature part unlike earlier.

Side note: It could be just me, but I feel the font-color of the text in the posts is a bit too light to my taste..makes readibility a bit more stressful to the eyes.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by fpatton View Post

Fred
    Tried clearing cookies in IE11 desktop, still not working. Had to switch to Firefox... it works, but it's asking to me save a file on the front page.

Referring to the drop-down tools above such as 'Thread tools' 'Display', etc. When you click the menu items, a drop down menu appears. As soon as you move cursor on the menu items, the parent item button shrinks (moves right..gets right-justified irrespective of the original state). Behaviour noticed both in IE and FF, so am guessing its not related to browser.

The board listings are overly spacious for me, Chrome and IE 11, both on Win7 32.
    Also, the last column has an extra line, which worsens the situation:
    Code:
    News, Announcements and Job Listings ..... Threads: 1,252 ........ Symbian Signed program will...
    News , product annoucements and job listings .... Posts: 6,634 ................ <empty space in the 3rd column>
    <empty space> ............................ <empty space> ........................... by hamishwillee 
    <empty space> ............................ <empty space> ........................... Yesterday, 04:16

Thread listings are fine, however I find the threads themselves very strange.
    Timestamp eats up an entire line, ok at the end of the line there is #x, the sequence number.
    Then comes the poster, with the online-offline marker appearing as "subscript", centered on the baseline of the text.
    Then half line lower there is the title of the post. Then the actual post resides in a box, with visible top and left margin, and a glitch in the corner (the left border starts a few pixels below the top border). And if the user has signature (like Neil), I see that in an other box. This has visible top and left borders too, but they meet at least.
    If I still have the strange things tomorrow, I will post some screenshots (I am on very low bandwidth now).
    I agree with the remark about readability, the font is very narrow, and the text is some gray on a too light background.
    Text on "Post Quick Reply", "Go Advanced", "Cancel" buttons feels blurry in Chrome.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    It could be just me, but I feel the font-color of the text in the posts is a bit too light to my taste..makes readibility a bit more stressful to the eyes.
    It is not just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Referring to the drop-down tools above such as 'Thread tools' 'Display', etc. When you click the menu items, a drop down menu appears. As soon as you move cursor on the menu items, the parent item button shrinks (moves right..gets right-justified irrespective of the original state). Behaviour noticed both in IE and FF, so am guessing its not related to browser.
    I posted this one a few days ago, so is already in queue. Most of the rest have been added from here - just going through now.

Nokia Developer Champion

I think it's a pity that we don't have the user avatar pictures available any more. At least for me it was a lot easier to follow conversations as I could quickly identify participants without actually "reading" who it was that wrote it.