Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Quote Originally Posted by pavarang View Post
    Luckily for us (you and me) there's still someone who cares about old days:
    http://web.archive.org/web/201311092...ns/2220_slide/

hope it helps somehow,
    regards
    pg

EDIT: noticed now that specs are incomplete, maybe rolling back to some older date can help
    Thanks. Yes, I'd already checked web archive but these things are very slow, incomplete and most importantly not properly linked so one can't switfly and easily navigate them as we could with the Nokia developer site.

NOKIA: I'm willing to bet it would take someone 5 - 10 minutes to zip up the whole of the old S40 devices specs pages and make them available as a download somewhere. Please?
    (Bit shocking I have to beg a company to (indirectly) support several hundred million users of it's products, but there you go - that's the new Microsoft-Nokia I guess!)

Thank you very much though to anyone in Nokia that can spare time to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    Anyway, assume this is associated with your yahoo email account? I'll see if we can work out what is happening if you can confirm that.

Regards
    H
    Hello,
    this morning, Italian time, I found two notifications in my yahoo account :-) So it seems it started to work again. If you worked out it, then thank you!, if it was magic well...let's hope it won't stop ;-)

br,
    pg

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by alexkerr View Post
    NOKIA: I'm willing to bet it would take someone 5 - 10 minutes to zip up the whole of the old S40 devices specs pages and make them available as a download somewhere. Please?
    (Bit shocking I have to beg a company to (indirectly) support several hundred million users of it's products, but there you go - that's the new Microsoft-Nokia I guess!)
    This is Jen at Nokia.

We did see your post. The team is migrating content as quickly as they can. The S40 device spec pages are at the top of the list of content to be migrated soon. I can't give you an exact date but we are aware of this and actively working on it.

Feel free to post here if you have further questions or concerns. I'm reading here and reporting issues back to the team. You can also send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    This is Jen at Nokia.

We did see your post. The team is migrating content as quickly as they can. The S40 device spec pages are at the top of the list of content to be migrated soon. I can't give you an exact date but we are aware of this and actively working on it.

Feel free to post here if you have further questions or concerns. I'm reading here and reporting issues back to the team. You can also send me a PM.
    Note that these will be/are stored under the Asha link. We don't intend to go back "to the beginning of time" here - but current and recent devices will be updated.

Regular Contributor

Where is the device specification for symbian device?.Sdk gone,documentation gone,everything gone like nokia is try forget its past history yet have the gut to take up to 30% cut of the nokia store sales.

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    Where is the device specification for symbian device?.Sdk gone,documentation gone,everything gone like nokia is try forget its past history yet have the gut to take up to 30% cut of the nokia store sales.
    The site design prioritises our new platforms. There is no plan to re-upload the Symbian device specifications. I am currently trying to upload the documentation and SDKs so that they will be available from wiki. This task should complete next week.

Regular Contributor

I like to view the site on my Lumia now. Glad you finally made a mobile / responsive version.

Thanks,
    Thomas
    - <a href="http://www.dvlup.com/influencer/invite">Visit DVLUP and earn rewards</a>

Regular Contributor

The site design prioritises our new platforms. There is no plan to re-upload the Symbian device specifications. I am currently trying to upload the documentation and SDKs so that they will be available from wiki. This task should complete next week.
    Thanks.The most important is the Sdk,tools and the wiki as they cannot be found else where.Can't you just give the symbian device spec file so i can host it my own.The comprenhensive device technical spec also cannot be else where so now where are developers and users can refer.Provide some alternative atleast

Nokia Developer Administrator

Hi everyone,

The developer.nokia.com team listened to your feedback and addressed an important issue - the profile pages. Usernames are once again linked to user profiles within the discussion boards and wiki.

Could you hammer at this and let me know if this is working as you expect it to, or if there is still something that isn't quite right? I'll pass your feedback on to them.

Thank you for your help and patience while we work through teething on the new site.

Jen

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    Hi everyone,

The developer.nokia.com team listened to your feedback and addressed an important issue - the profile pages. Usernames are once again linked to user profiles within the discussion boards and wiki.

Could you hammer at this and let me know if this is working as you expect it to, or if there is still something that isn't quite right? I'll pass your feedback on to them.

Thank you for your help and patience while we work through teething on the new site.

Jen
    If you mean the profile when you click on the username in the DiBo here, that works...and its always worked. But the profiles that I actually was referring to in my post in #6 is not that one. Its something in the form https://developer.nokia.com/Profile/?u=buildnokia that the user would have actually seen the profile that is edited by the user to enter details like work history, awards, contributions, etc( not exact terminology, but there-abouts).

As far as wiki stuff..I just opened one article randomly and picked a user shai.i from the history. When I hover it shows pretty nicely that he has 4 articles and 5 edits and gives me options of sending private messages and view contributions. Well even view contributions(which goes to search) yields nothing..I dont see anyway to get a profile in that hover menu either.

So not sure what is fixed. The three ways that I know of, one has always worked from day one and the other two still dont.

Just FYI, there were lots of other minor improvements too - for example signatures on the dibo now work properly, buttons are more properly aligned, wiki TOC is a sensible width (left sidebar still too wide). Getting there.

I'll leave it to Jen to clarify on userprofiles. I'm pleased that the hover now works on wiki to at least get contributions!

Nokia Developer Champion

Certainly not comfortable with the fonts/colors. Alphabets looks much smaller and cozy and also the background colors/shades used are much light.
    Last edited by vineet.jain; 2014-01-31 at 10:20.

I couldn't find the page/list of previous champions anymore, is it gone forever or just waiting in the queue? :-)
    (If I well remember, from that list too it was possible to see the profiles mentioned in post #55 by Symbian_Neil)

Just FYI, there were lots of other minor improvements too - for example signatures on the dibo now work properly, buttons are more properly aligned, wiki TOC is a sensible width (left sidebar still too wide).
    Yes I confirm that those things are fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by pavarang View Post
    I couldn't find the page/list of previous champions anymore, is it gone forever or just waiting in the queue? :-)
    Yes that has been gone pretty long back and there is one long discussion between me and Chidi where I have fought tooth and nail to get it back giving my reasons why it should be back. Perhaps its not back because it seemed that I was the only one interested (as far as I remember hardly anybody else joined the fight except one just saying that my suggestion was good!!) in honouring the past Champions with the hall of fame list which had always existed before that.