Discussion Board

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Administrator

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    If you mean the profile when you click on the username in the DiBo here, that works...and its always worked. But the profiles that I actually was referring to in my post in #6 is not that one. Its something in the form https://developer.nokia.com/Profile/?u=buildnokia that the user would have actually seen the profile that is edited by the user to enter details like work history, awards, contributions, etc( not exact terminology, but there-abouts).

As far as wiki stuff..I just opened one article randomly and picked a user shai.i from the history. When I hover it shows pretty nicely that he has 4 articles and 5 edits and gives me options of sending private messages and view contributions. Well even view contributions(which goes to search) yields nothing..I dont see anyway to get a profile in that hover menu either.

So not sure what is fixed. The three ways that I know of, one has always worked from day one and the other two still dont.
    OK thanks Neil. I'll pass that on.

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    Certainly not comfortable with the fonts/colors. Alphabets looks much smaller and cozy and also the background colors/shades used are much light.
    We've had that feedback a lot and I've passed it on. Still waiting on a response.

Quote Originally Posted by pavarang View Post
    I couldn't find the page/list of previous champions anymore, is it gone forever or just waiting in the queue? :-)
    (If I well remember, from that list too it was possible to see the profiles mentioned in post #55 by Symbian_Neil)
    Actually the list is there and publicly accessible:
    http://developer.nokia.com/community...-the-champions

However currently the names are still not clickable. This should be addressed when they finish addressing the profile issues.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    Actually the list is there and publicly accessible:
    http://developer.nokia.com/community...-the-champions
    This isnt the list that Pavarang is referring to. There used to be a kind of 'hall of fame' list where you there were a list(two per year, one for autumn and one for spring, a time when Champions were selected since the first slection round) of Champions of the past as well as present. Past lists were as a clickable link for particular selection round.

I am trying to find the exact discussions.. I will pm you with those discussions.

This isnt the list that Pavarang is referring to. There used to be a kind of 'hall of fame' list where you there were a list(two per year, one for autumn and one for spring, a time when Champions were selected since the first slection round) of Champions of the past as well as present. Past lists were as a clickable link for particular selection round.

I am trying to find the exact discussions.. I will pm you with those discussions.
    Thanks for the background Neil. I will see what I can do. No guarantees but I will try.

I will see what I can do. No guarantees but I will try.
    Thanks for the attention towards the issue.

While searching for the threads, I felt lots of inconsistencies in the search result (try searching with 'hall of fame' or 'fame' even if you use the username as 'Symbian_Neil' and you will hardly find anything). Well we know I have quite a few posts with those keywords. So next bug-report could be regarding search.

The reproduction of the issue should be straight forward.. But inspite of it, if any more inputs are needed, then would be glad to provide...If anybody else wants to join in with specifics feel free to post.

Thanks!!

Nokia Developer Champion

We've had that feedback a lot and I've passed it on. Still waiting on a response.
    Thanks Jen for your response.

steps to reproduce(example..should work for many combinations of below):

For example, go to advanced search and use some terms like 'search all forums' from a 'week ago' miminum 3 replies and post 'based on number of replies' 'descending'
    Search shows about 2 pages for me (including all public and non-public forums.). Try the second page and it says 'no resulsts to show based on the search query when in reality there are more (the proof can be seen if you change the searches 'ascending'

You can try this with minimum 1 reply too if you want to get more pages..same result if you want to view second page.

Thanks for the background Neil. I will see what I can do. No guarantees but I will try.
    Thank you. Sorry for this late answer, but I'm not receiving notifications anymore (and yes, I'm aware that notifications aren't sent if you don't read again the thread after the first one)

Thanks for the attention towards the issue.

While searching for the threads, I felt lots of inconsistencies in the search result (try searching with 'hall of fame' or 'fame' even if you use the username as 'Symbian_Neil' and you will hardly find anything). Well we know I have quite a few posts with those keywords. So next bug-report could be regarding search.

The reproduction of the issue should be straight forward.. But inspite of it, if any more inputs are needed, then would be glad to provide...If anybody else wants to join in with specifics feel free to post.

Thanks!!
    I remember that thread, I'm pretty sure it was in a private section, and I vaguely remember that there was a sort of agreement on restoring the "wall of fame", but unfortunately I can't verify anymore :-)
    br

In the http://developer.nokia.com/blogs I see the latest 11 blogs and no way (unless I am missing something totally) to see older blog posts...that navigation button missing. (And looking at the dates of the blogs, certainly there are many blogs missing too (which I believe is already in the bug-tracker)

I can see it when for example I use some tag http://developer.nokia.com/blogs/tag...on-board-post/

Regular Contributor

Hi

Clicking on the DVLUP logo in the mainpage leads to http://developer.nokia.com/resources
    :-/

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    Can't you just give the symbian device spec file so i can host it my own.The comprenhensive device technical spec also cannot be else where so now where are developers and users can refer.Provide some alternative atleast
    Yes, please. Any archive file containing all "old stuff" you don't want to integrate into the new website. Shouldn't be that hard...

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I've reported all of it back to the development team.

Quote Originally Posted by schumi1331 View Post
    Yes, please. Any archive file containing all "old stuff" you don't want to integrate into the new website. Shouldn't be that hard...
    We do understand you need this information. We are in the process of uploading the most used files to the site. Note that you can always capture historical data through websites such as Wayback Machine

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    The site design prioritises our new platforms. There is no plan to re-upload the Symbian device specifications. I am currently trying to upload the documentation and SDKs so that they will be available from wiki. This task should complete next week.
    Hamishwillee already make it clear that there is no plan for symbian so let us host it ourself.We will remove any nokia name on it if you wish too to prevent copyright/trademark/patent issue.

We do understand you need this information. We are in the process of uploading the most used files to the site. Note that you can always capture historical data through websites such as Wayback Machine
    Some stuff still do missing from wayback machine after a while as it happen with symbian QtQuick component documentation.It disappear for a while then reappear.This is nokia stuff and nokia responsible and why push to third party.Nokia developer is where it all begun so naturally some would search the nokia developer site first.

Regular Contributor

I have got two proposals:
    * Use THIS edit field with the sizing handle in the lower right corner for Edits in wiki articles. I like to see more of the cryptic wiki source at once...
    * My second wish is to get back the direct links to the community elements (wiki, discussions esp.) in the top menu.
    Thomas

And a bug? I just got a notification for a private message that is already 2 days old. I've been logged in each of the last days, so why does it come now?
    Last edited by influencer; 2014-02-05 at 18:47. Reason: one more item...
    - <a href="http://www.dvlup.com/influencer/invite">Visit DVLUP and earn rewards</a>