Discussion Board

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Administrator

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Thanks influencer. I've passed those on to the team.

babylongreece, I hear and understand your frustration, and am doing what I can do. I know that's not much of an answer but it's the best I can offer at this point.

Nokia Developer Champion

We lost profile pages ??? It redirects to community page. That's very odd.

https://www.developer.nokia.com/Prof...chintandave_er

Other big issue i found is when I click on my username (shown in left top after Welcome), I got edit profile page with details filled of another user 'Influencer'. That's big bug, I might able to update his profile setting too, but I haven't tried.

I also find the way to regenerate this issue but I don't want to share to make this site keep working without any issue.
    Last edited by BuildNokia; 2014-02-06 at 18:51. Reason: removed screenshot
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Ooops, the missing profile pages were reported already somewhere, but the edit thing is new. Indeed, I see influencer's data too.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Ooops, the missing profile pages were reported already somewhere, but the edit thing is new. Indeed, I see influencer's data too.
    There Do not click on 'Submit', it will overwrite your profile data by Influencer's date and you will lose all your information..
    Seems like Influencer is the developer of this new skin or the first developer who joined this site before some decades ago
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by chintandave_er View Post
    the first developer who joined this site before some decades ago
    He has joined a year and half back or so!!
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2014-02-06 at 13:00. Reason: typo

Regular Contributor

Seems like Influencer is the developer of this new skin or the first developer who joined this site before some decades ago
    Neither nor. But I had this same problem days ago and reported to Hamish and Jen already and it had been declared as solved.
    Thomas

PS: Please don't change my profile.

As I have edited it recently maybe that's the reason. Perhaps I was the last person in the profile section before you came...
    Last edited by influencer; 2014-02-06 at 14:13. Reason: added infos
    - <a href="http://www.dvlup.com/influencer/invite">Visit DVLUP and earn rewards</a>

Other big issue i found is when I click on my username (shown in left top after Welcome), I got edit profile page with details filled of another user 'Influencer'. That's big bug, I might able to update his profile setting too, but I haven't tried.

I also find the way to regenerate this issue but I don't want to share to make this site keep working without any issue.
    Not good. Thanks for reporting.

I have reported this issue to the team. If you wouldn't mind, it would be great if you could PM me with the steps to reproduce. Thanks!
    Last edited by BuildNokia; 2014-02-06 at 19:07.

OK everyone, need your ideas.

Many of you have reported that the links to the discussion board and wiki are rather buried. The team says they're willing to re-evaluate the navigation to these links. Submenus on the top of the page (From Platforms, Resources, Community, Blogs) are not an option, design wise, but they're willing to entertain other ideas.

Given that constraint, how would you suggest this work? I can't promise anything but I'm sure that if we work together we can come up with some good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    I have reported this issue to the team. If you wouldn't mind, it would be great if you could PM me with the steps to reproduce. Thanks!
    The issue seems to be solved now.
    Otherwise it was nothing special, at the very top of the page, above the Nokia Developer Beta logo, there is a faint link "Welcome, BuildNokia", pointing to http://developer.nokia.com/site/edit-profile (and the "- Log out" part is an other link for logging out). Clicking on the edit-profile link brought up the profile editor with influencer's data filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    The issue seems to be solved now.
    OK, great. They mentioned that they thought they had solved it so the fix must have been pushed out in the interim. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post

Many of you have reported that the links to the discussion board and wiki are rather buried. The team says they're willing to re-evaluate the navigation to these links. Submenus on the top of the page (From Platforms, Resources, Community, Blogs) are not an option, design wise, but they're willing to entertain other ideas.
    Actually I do not understand this as a serious issue. Let me explain:

The main landing page http://developer.nokia.com/ has a direct link to all these(DiBo and Wiki). If you are at cómmunity page http://developer.nokia.com/community you again have direct links there. (Apart from these two, its not a 'child' to any other section, if I may say so. AFAIK only influencer has reported this (I must confess I have not gone back and looked at all of it n this thread, but if I remember correctly thats what I remember). And what influencer wants is more or less a sub-menu (or earlier design-like) kind of thing, which is not an option at all. Other option is, if not sub-menu, then direct links (similar to devices(a link to Wiki on the Dibo and vice-versa)..which is sure to clutter the menus a bit..This is again subject to tastes..

So, IMHO, these are not as 'deep burried' as much as it looks (or I have not understood the feedbacks well..correct me if I am wrong)

Regular Contributor

Nobody said there is a serious issue. What I'm missing is just the ability to go directly to the wiki from discussions. At least for me it's a common use case. It's just inconvenient to first go to community and then to the wiki.
    - <a href="http://www.dvlup.com/influencer/invite">Visit DVLUP and earn rewards</a>

I think it's a valid point, influencer, and I know that others have mentioned it as well. If anyone has any ideas for an alternative navigation let me know. Otherwise I have some ideas that I can run by the team.

Super Contributor

Any update on the font issues with the site?

I find the site barely legible on a Mac using Chrome - and even on a PC (with Chrome), the body text of a post is too light.

Quote Originally Posted by theothernt View Post
    Any update on the font issues with the site?

I find the site barely legible on a Mac using Chrome - and even on a PC (with Chrome), the body text of a post is too light.
    I agree. However this is proving to be a tricky one to address, as a lot of people were involved in the UI design for the site, and all of those people would need to buy in to any sweeping changes. I am doing what I can. Your feedback is helpful - thanks.