Discussion Board

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Nokia Developer Moderator

New Nokia Developer Beta

Please use this thread to report your findings, bug-reports, suggestions etc. for the new Nokia Developer discussion board or even any other sections of the Nokia Developer.

Note that you need to provide the full information of the bug including your browser and your OS and any other information that you think is needed to reproduce the defect/bug

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

The landing page of developer.nokia.com does not work in IE 9 on vista (only "Disallowed Key Characters." is displayed), it works alright in FF in same machine. This is true for many sections including blogs etc.

Nokia Developer Champion

I faced the same issue with IE11 on Windows 8.1. Clearing the browser cache however fixed the issue for me.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SB Dev View Post
    I faced the same issue with IE11 on Windows 8.1. Clearing the browser cache however fixed the issue for me.
    Also, if you're still having trouble, try clearing Nokia cookies from your browser. We are working on this.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by SB Dev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fpatton View Post
    Also, if you're still having trouble, try clearing Nokia cookies from your browser. We are working on this.

Fred
    Yes these tricks worked for me..Thanks!!

profile page seems to be broken (I am referring to Nokia developer profile and not the Discussion board profile which seems fine Example https://developer.nokia.com/Profile/?u=fpatton)

Nokia Developer Administrator

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. Hamish and I are raising bugs about everything you post. Please continue to post here if you find things that need to be fixed.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by fpatton View Post

Fred
    Tried clearing cookies in IE11 desktop, still not working. Had to switch to Firefox... it works, but it's asking to me save a file on the front page.

Referring to the drop-down tools above such as 'Thread tools' 'Display', etc. When you click the menu items, a drop down menu appears. As soon as you move cursor on the menu items, the parent item button shrinks (moves right..gets right-justified irrespective of the original state). Behaviour noticed both in IE and FF, so am guessing its not related to browser.

Super Contributor

First off, I really like the new update - brings everything in line with the main Nokia sites which look gorgeous. I've only noticed a couple of small issues...

1. As someone who uses the Dev forums on multiple devices, I see the cookie/privacy warning a lot. I think the 'X' target is a little small to click or tap on. I would suggest 'close message' to make the clickable area a bit bigger.

2. As I go between a Mac and PC a lot, I use Chrome as my primary browser - currently, it's very hard to tell which threads have new posts as the font weight is very light (even with BOLD text), especially on the Mac where it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I can provide screenshots if needed and I have perfectly good eye sight

I really like the "everything in line" part of your post, used it for finding a name for the image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ND_everything_in_line.jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1560
    The shot comes from Chrome, but apart from the gap-nogap thing, I see the same with IE11.
    I understand that the things on the top are positioned in the center, but the result really looks strange on wide screen.

EDIT: forgot mentioning, but in the DiBo "root" there is no latest post listed for boards-with-subboards (Symbian, Web Development, Themes and Mobile Design and the like)
    Also, clicking on the image, it brings me a 1 cm high, but half screen wide preview. Clicking on it brings the image correctly however (though it is resized, it remains visible mostly).

I promised to post a screenshot for #11
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ND_We_need_space_lots_of_space.png 
Views:	649 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	1561

Regular Contributor

Where is QtSdk installer and belle sdk?.I could no longer find it.I though this basic stuff should remain so didn't back up the installer in my computer but now it is no longer available.Currently i am using 32bit version but how am i going to 64bit version later.

EDIT : Not sure if this is the right thread or place for this question.If not please point me to right place.
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2014-01-25 at 14:55.

I expect them to be in the tool archive, so it may be better to report here that the tool archive is missing.
    Given that the serial number request pages are available (though I have not tested if they work), the archive is probably also planned to survive.

EDIT: the spaciousness issue (#11 and partially #19) is gone for me.
    EDIT: the Discussion Board title is correctly indented, though I am checking with different resolution now.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2014-01-25 at 15:32.

Device specs:
    - only Asha and WP - while I understand the focus, and that these are the supported platforms now, it feels strange
    - the "API" category (listing available Java API-s) is there for Asha-platform devices, but missing for Series 40