Discussion Board

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Quote Originally Posted by SB Dev View Post
    I think it's a pity that we don't have the user avatar pictures available any more. At least for me it was a lot easier to follow conversations as I could quickly identify participants without actually "reading" who it was that wrote it.
    Its a strange how we get habituated to something . When it came the first time during the last 'new' Nokia Developer, most of us were so used to 'no pictorial avatar' (there used to be just a fixed set of icons as avatar only before that), that we were unhappy. Infact I remember most of the regulars took close to a month to put there anything at all. Till then we were so used to not seeing a face of the user. But I agree with you, it became a convinence once we got used to it.

Nokia Developer Champion

First off, I really like the new update - brings everything in line with the main Nokia sites which look gorgeous. I've only noticed a couple of small issues...

1. As someone who uses the Dev forums on multiple devices, I see the cookie/privacy warning a lot. I think the 'X' target is a little small to click or tap on. I would suggest 'close message' to make the clickable area a bit bigger.

2. As I go between a Mac and PC a lot, I use Chrome as my primary browser - currently, it's very hard to tell which threads have new posts as the font weight is very light (even with BOLD text), especially on the Mac where it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I can provide screenshots if needed and I have perfectly good eye sight

I really like the "everything in line" part of your post, used it for finding a name for the image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ND_everything_in_line.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1560
    The shot comes from Chrome, but apart from the gap-nogap thing, I see the same with IE11.
    I understand that the things on the top are positioned in the center, but the result really looks strange on wide screen.

EDIT: forgot mentioning, but in the DiBo "root" there is no latest post listed for boards-with-subboards (Symbian, Web Development, Themes and Mobile Design and the like)
    Also, clicking on the image, it brings me a 1 cm high, but half screen wide preview. Clicking on it brings the image correctly however (though it is resized, it remains visible mostly).

I promised to post a screenshot for #11
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ND_We_need_space_lots_of_space.png 
Views:	563 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	1561

Nokia Developer Administrator

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. Hamish and I are raising bugs about everything you post. Please continue to post here if you find things that need to be fixed.

Regular Contributor

Hi

Overall it looks good!

Two things that I noticed... In Upload a file wizard , the button colour for "Select a media file to donate" is light grey with white text.This is really hard to read.This problem is there in all the buttons in Upload a file wizard.

Next is that the left hand side pane is taking up a lot of screen space.This is little bit irritating especially while reading wiki articles as the article itself seems to take lesser screen space than the left hand side pane.Given that the contents of that pane are not very long, reducing its width will surely make reading wiki articles more comfortable.

EDIT: Suddenly the contributions section in the left pane is missing.I cant understand why that has been removed.It was a useful feature.
    Last edited by arunkam; 2014-01-26 at 12:23.

Regular Contributor

Where is QtSdk installer and belle sdk?.I could no longer find it.I though this basic stuff should remain so didn't back up the installer in my computer but now it is no longer available.Currently i am using 32bit version but how am i going to 64bit version later.

EDIT : Not sure if this is the right thread or place for this question.If not please point me to right place.
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2014-01-25 at 13:55.

I expect them to be in the tool archive, so it may be better to report here that the tool archive is missing.
    Given that the serial number request pages are available (though I have not tested if they work), the archive is probably also planned to survive.

EDIT: the spaciousness issue (#11 and partially #19) is gone for me.
    EDIT: the Discussion Board title is correctly indented, though I am checking with different resolution now.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2014-01-25 at 14:32.

Device specs:
    - only Asha and WP - while I understand the focus, and that these are the supported platforms now, it feels strange
    - the "API" category (listing available Java API-s) is there for Asha-platform devices, but missing for Series 40

Regular Contributor

Found another issue.The description section which appears while uploading a file, expands weirdly as soon as you start typing on it.
    [Chrome, Win 8]

Re: Welcome to the new Nokia Developer

You promised to support symbian till 2016!!!

Shame on Nokia and Microsoft!

Regular Contributor

The new website is good, but the old was also good. For me there are more important things to improve than the design of the developer website.
    Regards
    Karsten Meier

I have seen that I need to log in twice..first times it gives wrong id/password. Does anybody else too face this?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    I have seen that I need to log in twice..first times it gives wrong id/password. Does anybody else too face this?
    Atleast you can still log in.I can't even log in if on nokia n8 and using opera mobile.I need to click ”reply with quote” then only sign in dialog appear.Even then after enter username and password and click sign in,it just show white screen no matter how many time i try.

Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    Atleast you can still log in.I can't even log in if on nokia n8 and using opera mobile.I need to click ”reply with quote” then only sign in dialog appear.Even then after enter username and password and click sign in,it just show white screen no matter how many time i try.
    I was actually referring to desktop login. But if you are facing issues with some other browser/ OS etc, you are free to report. This feedback too will be put in the bug reporting tool. Thanks..keep them coming.