Discussion Board

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Too much "white background" for my poor eyes, but I admit that maybe I'm getting older...
    br
    pg

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pavarang View Post
    I admit that maybe I'm getting older...
    Welcome to the club

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi,

I am still trying to get on this with new website. I have couple of issues , if they are already reported then please ignore them
    1. For Couple of days i was not able to login, but now i am at least able to login form chrome.
    2. Firefox gives error "Disallowed Key Characters " and Firefox is my fav. browser
    3. After logging in trough the main page i.e. developer.nokia.com , discussion boards again ask me to login !!

Regards,
    Gargi

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Welcome to the club
    Thank you! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    Firefox is my fav. browser
    3. After logging in trough the main page i.e. developer.nokia.com , discussion boards again ask me to login !!
    yes, I have the same "problem"

It would be nice, some time in the future, to have a way to download old SDKs, I mean, no fancy menus, just a plain Archive link and a page of working links to packages/installers...

2. Firefox gives error "Disallowed Key Characters " and Firefox is my fav. browser
    There are already a few suggestions if you go through this relatively small thread at the moment..somewhere in the first few posts this issue has been addressed..atleast I could sort out my issues with these suggestions.

Basically you are confirming something from post 27(needed a confirmations if this was reproduced by others or it was just me.

Regular Contributor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	504 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	1562
    Input field doesn't fit in the background div, but exceeds its width.

I subscribed to this thread, but I'm not receiving any notification/update via e-mail as used to be... am I the only one?
    (checked spam and manually checked subscription)
    br

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    EDIT: the Discussion Board title is correctly indented, though I am checking with different resolution now.
    This one was too early. At home I was checking on WSXGA+ (according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_display_standard that is the name for 1680x1050), and that was fine. However in HD (1920x1080) it is still wrong.

1.) REALLY REALLY REALLY need access to all the older S40 device specification pages that you had going back to 2002 or earlier. These are critical for my S40 development. You could at the very least make these available as a downloadable offline archive of web pages rather than removing access to them entirely. Please restore this immediately!
    You do realise there are still many hundreds of millions of these old S40 devices in use around the world, and that it is perfectly legitimate to target these with software? This is vs. just a few tens of millions of Lumia devices for example. My software is written to target even S40 v1 devices, with 63K RAM, so I need the full historical device specs list that has always been available until recently.

2.) New site is VERY slow to respond....problem is definitely not my end of the connection.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkerr View Post
    1.) REALLY REALLY REALLY need access to all the older S40 device specification pages that you had going back to 2002 or earlier. These are critical for my S40 development. You could at the very least make these available as a downloadable offline archive of web pages rather than removing access to them entirely. Please restore this immediately!
    You do realise there are still many hundreds of millions of these old S40 devices in use around the world, and that it is perfectly legitimate to target these with software? This is vs. just a few tens of millions of Lumia devices for example. My software is written to target even S40 v1 devices, with 63K RAM, so I need the full historical device specs list that has always been available until recently.
    Luckily for us (you and me) there's still someone who cares about old days:
    http://web.archive.org/web/201311092...ns/2220_slide/

hope it helps somehow,
    regards
    pg

EDIT: noticed now that specs are incomplete, maybe rolling back to some older date can help

Nokia Developer Administrator

I subscribed to this thread, but I'm not receiving any notification/update via e-mail as used to be... am I the only one?
    br
    By any chance, have you recently changed the email address in your profile? I had done, and have discovered that all of my notifications are going to the first email address I specified. As far as I can tell there's no fix for this yet, as they're still working on the profiles, but if you can at least find the notifications that might be helpful.

br
    Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    By any chance, have you recently changed the email address in your profile? I had done, and have discovered that all of my notifications are going to the first email address I specified. As far as I can tell there's no fix for this yet, as they're still working on the profiles, but if you can at least find the notifications that might be helpful.
    Strangely the default email id for the new profile was something that I had put for only a very brief time (long back..I dont even remember when), and some of the new ND updates are appearing there. So after Jennifer mentioned, I can only suggest..check all your ids which you could possibly given at any point of time..including their respective spam folders.

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Strangely the default email id for the new profile was something that I had put for only a very brief time (long back..I dont even remember when), and some of the new ND updates are appearing there. So after Jennifer mentioned, I can only suggest..check all your ids which you could possibly given at any point of time..including their respective spam folders.
    hmmm, no, as far as i can remember my email id has always been the same since my first login.... and in the new profile is the correct one... oh well.... i can live with it, it's not the end of the world :-) (not yet)
    thank you!

hmmm, no, as far as i can remember my email id has always been the same since my first login.... and in the new profile is the correct one... oh well.... i can live with it, it's not the end of the world :-) (not yet)
    thank you!
    G'day

Mine works for dibo, but all emails have redirected to my gmail. And I'm not getting my Wiki emails. A bit odd.

Anyway, assume this is associated with your yahoo email account? I'll see if we can work out what is happening if you can confirm that.

Regards
    H