Discussion Board

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    I think the previous design which had Wiki, Discussion Board in the drop down menu (visible when hovered over 'Community' button/tab) was also good, so we can have something on the same line.
    Guess you missed this
    Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    Submenus on the top of the page (From Platforms, Resources, Community, Blogs) are not an option, design wise, but they're willing to entertain other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    wizard, the team has told me that they've now resolved this one. Could you double-check that this is working as you expect now? Thanks for reporting this.
    Yes, the issue is fixed. Checked with IE and Chrome (both on widescreen).

Super Contributor

while doing login in nokia developer discussion board, at first attempt , one can not get logined, one need to press refresh button, and then he get login. I hope It should be fix.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rahulvala View Post
    while doing login in nokia developer discussion board, at first attempt , one can not get logined, one need to press refresh button, and then he get login. I hope It should be fix.
    Yes, we're aware of this one and working on it. Thanks for reporting it.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Yes, the issue is fixed. Checked with IE and Chrome (both on widescreen).
    Excellent.

Regular Contributor

Angry Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Now i need QtSdk and carbide to do fresh install.Where am i suppose to download now.

Based on some older post(s) in this thread, which I am not trying to locate now, archive tools are supposed to come back, just they are not available right now.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Based on some older post(s) in this thread, which I am not trying to locate now, archive tools are supposed to come back, just they are not available right now.
    I am inform of that and it is actually me that request it in first place and builtnokia or hamiswille that reply
    but now it is almost a month and still nothing.I vist this forum almost a dozen time everyday and this thread whenever there is a new post.
    Last edited by babylongreece; 2014-02-18 at 16:33.

Hi Babylongreece

Are you really telling me that after so many years of working on Symbian you don't have the SDK?
    Quote Originally Posted by babylongreece View Post
    I am inform of that and it is actually me that request it in first place and builtnokia or hamiswille that reply
    but now it is almost a month and still nothing.I vist this forum almost a dozen time everyday and this thread whenever there is a new post.
    In any case, the files needed are available here and here. Sorry for the delay, the downloads system is still evolving and it took me much longer to do than I expected.

I strongly recommend you take copies of any files that you need.

Regards
    Hamish

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    In any case, the files needed are available here and here. Sorry for the delay, the downloads system is still evolving and it took me much longer to do than I expected.

Regards
    Hamish
    Wow Hamish, thank you sooo much !!!
    I had copies of all SDKs, but I missed installers of Carbide :-)
    In fact, I see from links that Carbide 2.7 is not there, is it still available somewhere?
    And just one little thing more: some time ago developers had problems in finding Carbide TRKs for on device debugging, there's a thread that has them attached:
    http://developer.nokia.com/community...rang+debugging

all the best as always,
    pg

Regular Contributor

Hi Babylongreece

Are you really telling me that after so many years of working on Symbian you don't have the SDK?

Regards
    Hamish
    I only have 32bit version even that is missing due to my computer corrupted and losing some data.Luckly i back up my source code in other disk.That is why i need to do fresh install to prevent any possible problem.I never fully download all the installer as i though the file would remain.Thanks for the link anyway

Thank you Hamish, you are great. It is far better to have something, than nothing at all.

Pavarang: my impression is that the lack of Carbide.c++ 2.x has a direct connection to that Symbian^x/Belle SDK-s are provided only (if you say S60 5th=Symbian^1). They (and SBSv2) are more reliably supported by Carbide.c++ 3.x than by 2.x. TRK may belong here too: these platforms+Carbide.c++ 3.x have CODA if I remember correctly (S60 5th is a black box to me, so I do not necessarily remember correctly).

ooops, you're right, i didn't notice that S60 3rd ed SDKs were missing too... i definitely have to backup my backups, before loosing them forever!
    and yes, better something than nothing, that's the reason i thanked Hamish The Great (HTG)
    but also better gently ask and _maybe_ obtain something than say nothing and surely have nothing

br

You're all very welcome - I'm pleased that this has sorted out the short term issues.

Please do take copies - these files definitely won't be present forever. I don't have the older Carbide.c++ sorry. Getting buy-in for what is uploaded currently was at the limit of my "business case" and the support I can get from our very very busy web team.

This really was a team effort though so I can't claim full credit. The initiative to get these available through the wiki links was championed by Jarkko Aura (who was my manager for many years, and who incidentally was the person initially responsible for getting buy-in for these discussion boards, wiki, projects, hiring Ron and hiring me).

Regards
    H

Question Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Quote Originally Posted by jian_ View Post
    You promised to support symbian till 2016!!!

Shame on Nokia and Microsoft!
    I remember this promise too. Unfortunately they lied to us

Regards
    Hamish
    You are my personal hero - those links are everything I've been looking for for a couple of weeks
    Last edited by PenaPP; 2014-02-20 at 12:05. Reason: Found the links to SDKs