Discussion Board

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Super Contributor

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Quote Originally Posted by PenaPP View Post
    I remember this promise too. Unfortunately they lied to us
    If someone says something that they believe is true at the time, and circumstances and plans change after that, does it make the original statement a lie or the original talker a liar? Not in my opinion.

P.S. When it was said originally - when I read/heard it -, I laughed out loud, because in my opinion already then it was wishful thinking based on unfounded optimism. Still won't categorize it as a lie, though, because I think some people genuinely believed it to be true.

In the reports the two colums are not next to each other with Firefox. (Firefox is left, Chrome is right).
    http://i.imgur.com/JKK9yl2.png?1

(sorry, I didn't find the option to attach an image)

Regular Contributor

Hi guys,

I dunno if it was pointed out before or not, but I experience a LOT of lags when I'm on the Nokia Imaging SDK API reference page
    http://developer.nokia.com/resources...aging_API_Ref/
    Specially when I browse a Class
    http://developer.nokia.com/resources...ter-class.html

Yassine,

Nokia Developer Moderator

I just replied to a complaint in http://developer.nokia.com/community...0-black-update
    However I do not see my message. On the other hand I can see it in my profile page, and clicking on that link, http://developer.nokia.com/community...931#post934931 (the extra thing is the ?p=934931#post934931), the message is there.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    I just replied to a complaint in http://developer.nokia.com/community...0-black-update
    However I do not see my message. On the other hand I can see it in my profile page, and clicking on that link, http://developer.nokia.com/community...931#post934931 (the extra thing is the ?p=934931#post934931), the message is there.
    Well that seems to have been fixed now. There were a few moments of very strange behaviours like the order in which the thread was shown was strange...latest posts not showing although they were there in search results(last poster showed that), etc. But I see everything as it should again...so guessing that it was just momentary.

Edit: spoke just a bit too soon maybe...the outage is still in progress. So expecting it to be fixed soon, like it was fixed for a few moments. (p.s.: I had visit this post via profile as I too could not see it just like wizard mentioned.)
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2014-02-24 at 13:16.

Signing in is getting worse day by day here...
    Not only I have to login every time I enter into discussion boards main page, but even when I go from one section to another (i.e. from symbian to java or lumia) or when I go up from reading a message to its main section (the list of threads)!!! E.g.: I sign into nokia developer home, then, when i move to discussion boards i have to login again (ok, usual problem), then when i choose a subsection like Mobile Java General I have to sign in again, then i read a message, then i choose to go up one level using the links just above the "Reply to Thread" button and I'm out again....
    and, just to add a little bit of fun, see in the attached jpeg what happened after a while
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crop.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	1570  

Quote Originally Posted by hamishwillee View Post
    In any case, the files needed are available here and here. Sorry for the delay, the downloads system is still evolving and it took me much longer to do than I expected.
    Looks good so far and better than nothing. Any chance to get Symbian (Belle) design guidelines and icon guidelines and templates back, as well?

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    If someone says something that they believe is true at the time, and circumstances and plans change after that, does it make the original statement a lie or the original talker a liar? Not in my opinion.

P.S. When it was said originally - when I read/heard it -, I laughed out loud, because in my opinion already then it was wishful thinking based on unfounded optimism. Still won't categorize it as a lie, though, because I think some people genuinely believed it to be true.
    Hope dies at last, right? But a) communication should've been much better I'd say. And I still have the opinion that you/Nokia should at least provide a way for developers to get a publishing certificate if they want or need it. That's the thing that hurt's most for me... It doesn't need too much effort or money, but allows us to do what we want even if you don't support us.

For strange reasons, I am logged in as Symbian_neil in some tabs and as symbianyucca in few others!!. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logged in as Jukka.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	1572

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    For strange reasons, I am logged in as Symbian_neil in some tabs and as symbianyucca in few others!!. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logged in as Jukka.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	1572
    And I'm wizard_hu_ !

Something is really wrong on the forums now.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Lots going on with the site today, everyone. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I know the team is really busy with the implications of today's announcements. I will work with them on getting this stuff fixed as soon as possible.

Please keep the reports coming; the more information I have to report, the better.

Jen

Thanks Loukt, yes this is a known issue and we're working on it. But it's still good you reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loukt View Post
    Hi guys,

I dunno if it was pointed out before or not, but I experience a LOT of lags when I'm on the Nokia Imaging SDK API reference page
    http://developer.nokia.com/resources...aging_API_Ref/
    Specially when I browse a Class
    http://developer.nokia.com/resources...ter-class.html

Yassine,

Question to those of you who are finding yourselves logged in as someone else.

The site team wants to know if you can confirm that you are actually logged in as someone else, or is it a header issue? As in are you actually in your account or does it just display the name in the top left?

You might be able to detect this by clicking on the login name to edit your profile and seeing what comes up as your profile information and/or as your posting history.

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    Question to those of you who are finding yourselves logged in as someone else.

The site team wants to know if you can confirm that you are actually logged in as someone else, or is it a header issue? As in are you actually in your account or does it just display the name in the top left?

You might be able to detect this by clicking on the login name to edit your profile and seeing what comes up as your profile information and/or as your posting history.
    It probably is more of a 'pseudo-logged-in'. Although I must confess I did not try to do anything( Didnt want to 'tarnish' Jukka's reputation ) But when that happens, most of the operations fail continously till you probably open a different instance of browser to continue to do something.
    I will try to explore a bit more on that if it happens again..been a while now since its happened last. But meanwhile I can only help you with the information that I have provided already(pointing to the header issue being more probable).

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    And I'm wizard_hu_ !

Something is really wrong on the forums now.
    A fix is in the works for this. I'll let you guys know as soon as I have an update.

I was Jukka for some time, now I was Neil (actually still I am, but I could not send a message when I was Jukka, so I probably will not be able to send this one until I cease being Neil).
    Also, in the morning I sent a feedback on the device specs, probably into /dev/null, at least I still see the following issues on a completely different machine which I was using during daytime or even during the weekend:
    - Nokia X devices are not visible on the main device specifications page, until I explicitly filter for them
    - when filtered, Nokia X (the device) is not visible, just X+ and XL
    - however a Nokia X page is still accessible from the main ND landing page and from certain Library pages
    - that page (http://developer.nokia.com/devices/d...ations/nokia-x) is not the best specification page ever. As you see the link is .../nokia-x, however the text on the page says Nokia X+ in the title, and also it says Symbian OS v6.1 as Operating System.

(After cleaning the browser cache and logging in a couple times I seem to be myself now, I also see some of the new messages)