Discussion Board

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Re: Nokia 6212 NFC

If you really, really need it I try to extract it from the computer were it is installed. Just drop me a private message with your E-mail address. Although, it would be much nicer if Nokia could fix these download issues. For example, all variants of the VoIP/SIP Settings Tool for Symbian got removed, too.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by catalinb View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer. I will keep looking for the Nokia 6212 SDK.
    Did you try the instructions I listed upthread? That didn't work?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    Did you try the instructions I listed upthread? That didn't work?
    Those instructions can not work. There was a pair of early NFC-capable devices, Nokia 6212 and something else (6313 perhaps?), one of them even needed an external shell for being NFC capable. That time NFC was absolutely not a standard thing, so a separate SDK was released for them (each of them?) containing NFC API-s and tools. These are not part of any contemporary Series 40 SDK-s, and in fact I am not convinced if there were too many later Series 40 devices with NFC support. Unfortunately the restored specs page, http://developer.nokia.com/devices/d...a-6212-classic, is too crippled, it does not list how the NFC API was called, like if it was following any JSR. But it shows that it is/was a Series 40 5th Edition, FP1 device from 2008. The platform SDK is available, http://developer.nokia.com/resources.../3475/?id=3475, but it does not support NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Those instructions can not work. There was a pair of early NFC-capable devices, Nokia 6212 and something else (6313 perhaps?), one of them even needed an external shell for being NFC capable. That time NFC was absolutely not a standard thing, so a separate SDK was released for them (each of them?) containing NFC API-s and tools. These are not part of any contemporary Series 40 SDK-s, and in fact I am not convinced if there were too many later Series 40 devices with NFC support. Unfortunately the restored specs page, http://developer.nokia.com/devices/d...a-6212-classic, is too crippled, it does not list how the NFC API was called, like if it was following any JSR. But it shows that it is/was a Series 40 5th Edition, FP1 device from 2008. The platform SDK is available, http://developer.nokia.com/resources.../3475/?id=3475, but it does not support NFC.
    Ah, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the background, Wizard.

It looks like Traud is willing to help you out. I don't think that Nokia is officially supporting these SDKs anymore so I'm not sure I will be able to get them uploaded but I will try.

New Nokia Developer Beta

Hello

i believe this is actually my first post and it is going to be a request
    i have recently become interested in development for S60 and i wanted to deploy to S60v3, but found it requires Carbide 2.7, which is no longer available through Nokia.
    Does anyone perchance have an archived installer for 2.7 uploaded or would anyone be willing to upload it if they have it?
    i'm sorry; i know this is a pretty big favour to be asking (especially considering it's my first post at all).

Thank you
    matthew

Re: New Nokia Developer Beta

Quote Originally Posted by catalinb View Post
    Hello,

I would like to unlock the Secure Element on a Nokia 6212, but I can’t find the Unlock Midlet and Nokia 6212 SDK anywhere. Can somebody please help me with these tools?

Many thanks,
    Catalin
    I have located this SDK. I'm attempting to upload it to the wiki; unfortunately I'm having issues, likely due to the large file size. Have you found it yet? If not you can send me a private message and we can figure out some way for me to get it to you while I'm working out the upload issues.

Quote Originally Posted by traud View Post
    For example, all variants of the VoIP/SIP Settings Tool for Symbian got removed, too.
    I think I have these too. If you let me know which specific variants you need I can upload them.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewkuhl View Post
    i have recently become interested in development for S60 and i wanted to deploy to S60v3, but found it requires Carbide 2.7, which is no longer available through Nokia.
    And I may have this too. Same issue with file upload size but I think I have the file. Send me a PM and we can work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by chintandave_er View Post
    Hi Jen,
    Wiki page changed email notification has been stopped, i think since new theme has came. It is really important feature which needs to be working.

Thanks,
    Chintan.
    The team plans to address this issue in their next sprint. It would be helpful if any of you who are either not receiving notifications of wiki changes or discussion board updates, or are receiving them intermittently, could give me a few details, either by way of this thread or by sending me a private message. It seems to be an intermittent problem that only affects some people some of the time so the more troubleshooting information I can give them the better. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    There was a pair of early NFC-capable devices, Nokia 6212 and something else (6313 perhaps?), one of them even needed an external shell for being NFC capable.
    Thanks for clarifying, just to complete that: Nokia 6212 and Nokia 6131 had each their own SDK. Both SDKs allowed to attach an external NFC reader/writer so one can use the emulator standalone. The API was a public JSR (Contactless; JSR-257). The Nokia 6131 NFC was a special variant (different model) of the normal Nokia 6131 without NFC. The Nokia 3220 was the one with the NFC shell, you had to buy. Its API had to be paid as well. The Nokia 5410 came with a RFID shell. Because of it quite good support on tools, the Nokia 6131 NFC is still a reference device in many projects. The Nokia 6212 is a reference device for those projects involving a NFC secure-element on the mobile side. Nokia did create interesting stuff in the past, still very useful today.

I have tried to change my email id in the profiles for the fourth time in the past few days(or maybe couple of weeks), but seems like my old email id still persists (This id came back from the past..I had changed it to newer id couple of years ago, but it came back on this refresh and seems to stay even if I try to change it) even though it gives me the message that my settings have been updated.
    (after update, it shows that its changed even if you visit the settings again, but have noticed that it would have gone back to old id after a few days..now I do not know how much is this 'few' days for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    I have tried to change my email id in the profiles for the fourth time in the past few days(or maybe couple of weeks), but seems like my old email id still persists (This id came back from the past..I had changed it to newer id couple of years ago, but it came back on this refresh and seems to stay even if I try to change it) even though it gives me the message that my settings have been updated.
    (after update, it shows that its changed even if you visit the settings again, but have noticed that it would have gone back to old id after a few days..now I do not know how much is this 'few' days for now)
    I had this problem too Symbian_Neil. I was hoping it was just limited to my ID. Guess not.

Can you go to accounts.nokia.com and update your address there, and see if that propogates to your developer.nokia.com profile? That finally resolved it for me. If not let me know and I can get someone to look at the servers here and sort things out.

If anyone else is having this issue please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    I had this problem too Symbian_Neil. I was hoping it was just limited to my ID. Guess not.
    Actually it might be an issue for people who had put a different id in accounts and if they change their email id from the developer Nokia it does not reflect the change instead resetting to the accounts Nokia id. AFAIK, the id at developer should be independent of the accounts email id. But I guess now they have got interlinked when SSO happened.

But in anycase it should be changable from profile at developer too..it should get written into accounts (if these are meant to be merged), else keeping the email editable in the profile edit at developer Nokia becomes redundant and misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Actually it might be an issue for people who had put a different id in accounts and if they change their email id from the developer Nokia it does not reflect the change instead resetting to the accounts Nokia id. AFAIK, the id at developer should be independent of the accounts email id. But I guess now they have got interlinked when SSO happened.

But in anycase it should be changable from profile at developer too..it should get written into accounts (if these are meant to be merged), else keeping the email editable in the profile edit at developer Nokia becomes redundant and misleading.
    I see your point, Neil. Thanks, I'll follow up.

Now the Symbian and Qt SDKs are offline again, can somebody relink/reupload them in:

http://developer.nokia.com/community..._C%2B%2B#Tools

http://developer.nokia.com/community/wiki/Qt#Qt_SDK

Thanks in advance

This makes me sad:

Note: The Qt SDKs and tools are no longer available for download from this site.
    Note: The Symbian C++ SDKs and tools are no longer available for download from this site
    Thanks Microsoft, Mr Elop or whoever removed this files after they got re-uploaded ...