Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regular Contributor

Re: Change of Nokia Developer Community Management

Hey Hamish,

Thanks for all the hard work!!
    And for me, I want to thank you especially for the great input on the Wiki articles and the edit suggestions... it's that what lifts an article level.

See ya
    Glenn

Nokia Developer Expert

What everyone else said

...and you did leave enormous shoes to fill! In the end of the day the world is surprisingly small so I hope to have a chance to run into you again - at least virtually. And I do believe that you still owe me a beer...

Nokia Developer Administrator

Hamish, you do indeed leave enormous shoes to fill! In the short time I've been here, I can see that you've done a fantastic job with this community and I'm very sorry to see you go. Thank you for everything you've done helping me ramp up. I wish you luck in whatever you encounter next. The next community you work with will be very lucky to have you.

Super Contributor

I am astonished ... I hope it was a decision taken by you. Otherwise, I can not see any reason for such lack of vision.

Anyway, thanks for all this great time under your coordination after the "Ron age". People understimate how hard work is to build and to keep a community. Unfortunately, the recent actions are not contributing to keep what we learned to know as "Forum Nokia". A pity.

I am really disappointed for not having the opportunity to meet you in person during your Nokia phase. I hope to accomplish this task after it !

See you my friend !

Marcelo Barros

Nokia Developer Champion

Needless to say, you were and are a pillar of the Nokia Developer community. Jennifer said it all:

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    The next community you work with will be very lucky to have you.
    Your hard work, together with your being a friend before than everything else, strongly contributed in making this community what it is today.

You rock, Hamish!

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am really sad to be going too, but as I said here, I do think I'm leaving you in competent and caring hands.

I agree with the general sentiments that it is a small world, and I have no doubt I'll be running into many of you again in the coming years. Certainly hope so Tomi, or I'll be drinking that beer for you!

Super Contributor

I wish you the very besy in your future position/job !
    You did a great job here !
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

What a sad news :-(
    I'll really miss you here,
    all the best
    pg

Quote Originally Posted by pavarang View Post
    What a sad news :-(
    I'll really miss you here,
    all the best
    pg
    Thank you, I'm going to miss me too! Appreciate the linked in message too!

Nokia Developer Moderator

I was hoping to not see you leave.. but I guess there are better things in store for you somewhere.

The constant tempo you provide to the community is amazing. Many people in the community have learnt and grown under your guidance. From what I see, the community has grown in quality because of you. Being a mentor, friend and managing so many active contributors at the same time would have required really hard work and dedication. You will be certainly missed.

Working with you closely on the Wiki and the book has been a pleasure and I hope we can somehow continue collaborating in the future as well! Ah, and I still hope to meet you in person someday

Cheers,
    Pankaj.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Thanks Pankaj! I hope we'll meet "in the flesh" sometime too. It really is a "small world", so I won't be surprised! Good luck for you too going forward.

Hamish, It is hard to see you go. It has been a long line of outstanding community leaders and I'm glad you carried on once I left. Best wishes for you and Nokia Developers once you leave.

Hello Ron, it is good to see you dropping by
    Hamish unfortunately really left as admin a month ago, but sometimes he is still here as WP developer in the WP boards.