Discussion Board

Exclamation Use MixRadio API in background task (scheduled agent)

Hey there,

I took the MixRadio for Windows Phone 8 assembly from Nuget. I want to update my app's tile with a scheduled agent (background task). Unfortunately, when submitting my app to the windows phone store I get many error messages:

Code:
    Validation errors

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::Navigate, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::remove_NavigationFailed, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::remove_Navigating, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationFailedEventHandler::.ctor, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.WebBrowserTask::.ctor, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.MessageBox::Show, which assembly MusicExplorer.Agent.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.WebBrowserTask, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::add_NavigationFailed, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::set_IsScriptEnabled, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Scheduler.ScheduledActionService::Add, which assembly MusicExplorer.Agent.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationFailedEventArgs, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationFailedEventHandler, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::add_Navigating, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationFailedEventArgs::get_Exception, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.WebBrowserTask::set_Uri, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.MessageBox, which assembly MusicExplorer.Agent.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.

2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.WebBrowserTask::Show, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    I don't use the WebBrowser control in my background task - just the GetTopArtistsAsync method. Can I somehow exclude something to make it all work as intended? Is there another solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Use MixRadio API in background task (scheduled agent)

I know absolutely nothing about MixRadio, however checking the slideshow on http://www.slideshare.net/nokia-deve...dows-phone-api shows some possible browser-fallback codepath on slide #10. If such code fragments are present, that is probably enough to fail the test (as static analysis does not care if they are actually invoked or not).

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Use MixRadio API in background task (scheduled agent)

Those problems are from the user-authentication methods new in 3.x
    I suggest you reference the PCL assembly (Nokia.Music.PCL.dll) explicitly rather than the WP8 assembly that includes these problematic references.
    Regards,
    Steve

MixRadio API on Background Agent

Good evening, I'm having a trouble with the Nokia.Music API on a background agent. Basically i want to display some artist info in my live tiles so i used the MixRadio API to retrieve artist's info. It's all working but when i send my application on the Windows Phone Developer Site, i get some errors:

Code:
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.WebBrowserTask::set_Uri, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationFailedEventHandler, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.WebBrowserTask, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.WebBrowserTask::.ctor, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::Navigate, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::set_IsScriptEnabled, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationFailedEventArgs, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationFailedEventArgs::get_Exception, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationFailedEventHandler::.ctor, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::remove_NavigationFailed, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::add_Navigating, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::add_NavigationFailed, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Controls.WebBrowser::remove_Navigating, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    2011: The background agent can’t use Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.WebBrowserTask::Show, which assembly Nokia.Music.Wp8.dll is trying to use. Update your file and then try again.
    Why i get this error? Is there any way to fix it?
    Thanks in advance

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: MixRadio API on Background Agent

Hi, your question is merged to an older similar discussion now.