Discussion Board

Charging issues with developer device(Lumia 800)

Hi,

I received a Lumia 800 sometime back last year in one of the competition. Now it has charging issues. Can someone suggest where to take it for repair or where to send it back?
    Regards

- MVP
    "Dare To Dream" - A.P.J.Kalam

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Charging issues with developer device(Lumia 800)

http://www.nokia.com/fi-fi/tuki/tuote/lumia800/ seems to be your local support site. I do not speak/read Finnish, but somewhere at the bottom of the page there is usually a link to check the warranty status (based on IMEI) and find a Nokia Care Point nearby.
    The other way is to contact whoever notified you about your winning and/or sent you the device, the email is probably "reply-able".

Thanks for the link.

Probably warranty is not valid but phone has not come in my hand for more than a year.
    Hamish Willee contacted me for the phone, but his email is bouncing.

Any ideas
    Regards

- MVP
    "Dare To Dream" - A.P.J.Kalam

Quote Originally Posted by mrudulpen View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Probably warranty is not valid but phone has not come in my hand for more than a year.
    Hamish Willee contacted me for the phone, but his email is bouncing.

Any ideas
    In all probability the competition that you seem to have won might be over a year(looking at the amount of time back that the 800s were offered as give-aways.)

Regarding Hamish's email id bouncing, its possible that you got it wrong, check his signature in one of his post for his email id (you might have missed prefix of 'ext' maybe?) But note that he might not be available for a few days due to his impending holidays which he was supposed to be on.

He is member of this site too (actually he is the Administrator), so you can also try sending a message via the profile page, http://developer.nokia.com/Community...4-hamishwillee (the option for that, "Send Private Message", is part of the box on the left).

Nokia Developer Champion

The devices provided through the competitions seem to be regular devices for the european market so I'd guess they should be covered under warranty inside the EU. At least according to device branding. Quite often warranty repairs require you to provide the receipt from when you bought it and I don't know wether they'll accept something else instead.

Regular Contributor

Yesterday I sent in a 925 I won in the Nokia Create competition to the local repair center. The warranty query on the german website said warranty valid. In a few days I can say more if they accept a printed email of the winning notification as receipt...
    - <a href="http://www.dvlup.com/influencer/invite">Visit DVLUP and earn rewards</a>

The warranty for devices from my team (communities) as prizes for wiki competitions, COM, POM or whatever is 6 months (we'll replace for manufacturer fault as needed within that time, but the clock does not reset).

In this case you're out of warranty sorry. You can submit to Nokia Care and they will fix it locally - but you'll have to pay.

Regards
    H

Regular Contributor

Everything went well. I had enclosed a copy of the winning notification email instead of a purchase receipt.
    It took 8 days until the phone returned. The phone had a SIM Slot error and was repaired and firmware updated.
    - <a href="http://www.dvlup.com/influencer/invite">Visit DVLUP and earn rewards</a>

Quote Originally Posted by influencer View Post
    Everything went well. I had enclosed a copy of the winning notification email instead of a purchase receipt.
    It took 8 days until the phone returned. The phone had a SIM Slot error and was repaired and firmware updated.
    Great result.