Discussion Board

resources can get deleted somehow from the jar ?

I never built an application using j2me and Im working on building my first one so I dont know how its working (I dont have nokia device) but I have an image in my res that I use using inputstream and Im checking that the inputstream isnt null, is it necessary ? the res can get deleted somehow from the jar in the phone ? also another problem im having related to this thing is that I get the image name from reading a .txt file and pass it to inputstream if I change the image name in the .txt file i get npe ofcourse because the image doesnt exist but I noticed that if I call for instance my image aaa.png and then change it to something like bbb.png the inputstream wont be null for aaa.png even tho i changed its name, so how do i fix this ?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: resources can get deleted somehow from the jar ?

True, you cant delete resource from your jar file but I still think its always a good advice to check for nulls.
    As for your second thing it doesn't make sense maybe your eclipse project isn't refreshed.
    Heard of DVLUP? Join here

Re: resources can get deleted somehow from the jar ?

Quote Originally Posted by shai.i View Post
    True, you cant delete resource from your jar file but I still think its always a good advice to check for nulls.
    As for your second thing it doesn't make sense maybe your eclipse project isn't refreshed.
    ok thanks, and its netbeans if it makes any difference and what should I do then if it doesnt get refreshed ?