Discussion Board

GetUserTopArtists & GetUserPlayHistory returns no results

Hello.
    I'm trying to collect user data using the two GetUserXxxXxx API calls but I never get a result.
    The authentication is done properly and the call succeeded but the result set is always empty.
    What am I missing?
    Thank you

Re: GetUserTopArtists & GetUserPlayHistory returns no results

Quote Originally Posted by Loghorn View Post
    Hello.
    I'm trying to collect user data using the two GetUserXxxXxx API calls but I never get a result.
    The authentication is done properly and the call succeeded but the result set is always empty.
    What am I missing?
    Thank you
    I had a conversation on twitter yesterday with one of the architects from the mixradio team. It is my understanding that it is an issue with the api and they are looking into it.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by andrewlong.com View Post
    I had a conversation on twitter yesterday with one of the architects from the mixradio team. It is my understanding that it is an issue with the api and they are looking into it.
    Hello. Yes, the REST API isn't returning any results, and we are still investigating this issue. I'll post an update when its resolved.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mattcooper View Post
    Hello. Yes, the REST API isn't returning any results, and we are still investigating this issue. I'll post an update when its resolved.
    The current live version of MixRadio (4.2) contains a defect that prevents user activity from being returned by these methods. This issue has been fixed and will be included in the next live release of MixRadio. These 2 methods return user data up the the end of the previous day, so I although tested with MixRadio 4.3 - I didn't wait long enough to see results. I can now see data being returned, but other users will need to wait until 4.3 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcooper View Post
    The current live version of MixRadio (4.2) contains a defect that prevents user activity from being returned by these methods. This issue has been fixed and will be included in the next live release of MixRadio. These 2 methods return user data up the the end of the previous day, so I although tested with MixRadio 4.3 - I didn't wait long enough to see results. I can now see data being returned, but other users will need to wait until 4.3 is released.
    So I need to wait for the App to update to have it working, right? Any idea of when it will be released? I'm trying to complete a dvlup challenge and I need those functions :-)
    By the way, do I need to have MixRadio installed on the phone for the methods to work?

what I did as a fallback, was if the GetUserTopArtists didn't return any data (I didn't realize it was a bug while working on my app), I fall back to GetTopArtistsAsync so I can show the user some artists even if I don't have _their_ artists. just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewlong.com View Post
    what I did as a fallback, was if the GetUserTopArtists didn't return any data (I didn't realize it was a bug while working on my app), I fall back to GetTopArtistsAsync so I can show the user some artists even if I don't have _their_ artists. just a thought.
    I did the same, and also looked at the artist of the local music library... but I would like to test the real thing otherwise my app could not be accepted for the challenge :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Loghorn View Post
    I did the same, and also looked at the artist of the local music library... but I would like to test the real thing otherwise my app could not be accepted for the challenge :-)
    I don't know if you are still waiting for this to be resolved or not, but... I assume you are working on the "your new favorite artist" challenge. My app submission was just approved for the challenge using GetTopArtistsAsync as fallback for GetUserTopArtists, so you should be good, too.

Nokia Developer Expert

V4.3 of the app should be out next week if all goes well with our in-country testing

Nokia Developer Moderator

FYI, this discussion thread has been featured and you will find the details here

So....now what? DVLUP currently has a challenge running that totally depends on those (broken) API calls, see http://www.dvlup.com/Challenge/347. This challenge ends next week, and this issue doesn't seem to be resolved yet (the Store version in my country is still 4.2).

Am I doing something wrong or is nobody able to test their app in time? The described "workaround" fallback is a nice idea and all, but obviously not sufficient since it doesn't meet the challenge's requirements at all.