Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My game packaage name already exists ?

What is going on with nokia store i try to publish my game it's showing the package name already exists same goes for my account name when i tried to choose it's showing this publisher name already exits

i have my game on Google Play is it some thing linked to it ??

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: My game packaage name already exists ?

Can you PM me with details of your submission, basically open the item in the store, and copy paste the link to me. In general the package name, needs to be unique, thus if there is any other application inside nokia store using the package name, then it is not accepted. Details from other stores are of course not used.

so we can not use the same package which is listed on Google play and upload it to Nokia Store ??

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Shubham Dawra View Post
    so we can not use the same package which is listed on Google play and upload it to Nokia Store ??
    Google Play probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but that perhaps someone else has already the same package name/app on Nokia Store. Have you checked for existing apps/publishers in the Nokia Store? What is your package/game name, exactly?

Super Contributor

Unless... came to think of it... Nokia is using the same Nokia Store platform for the Nokia X, X+ and XL Android phone app store, and is also doing some cross-checking against Google Play for some reason, and it also impacts all/other app publishing on Nokia Store even if they aren't Android apps?

Would need Nokia to comment on that.

my Game name is Flying Birds same goes for my Rickshaw Racer

package is com.developerhouse.flying it's unique package name and the main. prob. is my Published name on google play is also exist i am not able to make Nokia Publish account using same name

and i have not published the app if anybody is misusing my games and name then may be Nokia Support can help me..
    i am checking nokia store may b Nokia is fetching all games and apps from google play :O

I have the same issue (While publishing for Nokia X):
    I can not register my name from Google Play: Kreatur (So I made new name - KreaturApps)
    I can not upload my app with package name: com.kreatur.gomoku (But my other app com.kreatur.cat.notes works without problem)

I think there is a bug or someone stoles our applications and try to publish them on Nokia Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreatur View Post
    I have the same issue (While publishing for Nokia X):
    I can not register my name from Google Play: Kreatur (So I made new name - KreaturApps)
    I can not upload my app with package name: com.kreatur.gomoku (But my other app com.kreatur.cat.notes works without problem)

I think there is a bug or someone stoles our applications and try to publish them on Nokia Store.
    Well there have been some issues reported and some respite/suggestions in http://developer.nokia.com/community...l=1#post935023
    You can do the needful.

It was unfortunatelly not helpfull. I wrote email to tech support, but still no answer. I tried online chat, but no one is there. I deal with it all day and I'm getting angry.

Facing same issue here for two of my apps. I never submitted them before but its complaining package name already exists.
    I am 100% sure that its a problem in the publish tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreatur View Post
    It was unfortunatelly not helpfull. I wrote email to tech support, but still no answer. I tried online chat, but no one is there. I deal with it all day and I'm getting angry.
    An educated guess from the time of your posting, you might have sent your mail when the support staff for publishing might not be available(My guess is the staff work from Finland). You should give them atleast sometime to address your grivience. I am sure your issues will be addressed in atleast a day or two of business days (These are not official estimates, but just my guess as one of a developer who would be facing similar issues)

Indeed, things simply do not happen that fast, Nokia Store is likely staffed from Finland. Messages starting with #7 in this thread were posted after 5 pm Finnish time.
    Remember that Nokia X devices are not shipping yet, so nothing is lost so far.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Hi all,

This is Jen from Nokia.

This seems to be a problem that a fair number of people are experiencing. We know it's frustrating and we're sorry. We're looking into this and will get back to you with a response as soon as we can.

Jen

Hi,

Nokia Store only accepts one apk file with a certain package name. This is to distinguish the apps in Store, for example, in app update cases. If you face a duplicate package name problem it means that there is already an application with the same package name submitted. Please read our blog post on apps brought to the Nokia Store. The post also guides how developers whose apps have been distributed can join the Nokia Store and reach new users with their apps.

Those of you who have already registered to Nokia Store, please contact Nokia Store Publisher Support ( developer.support(at)nokia.com ) in package name problems. Our support team assists you to get the application submitted.

For more information on the prerequisites and the process of submitting a Nokia X app to Nokia Store, have a look at the Publishing quick guide.

Seppo
    Nokia Store Publisher Support
    Last edited by seppo_fn; 2014-02-28 at 10:59. Reason: Update with more detailed information and pointers to both new and registered Nokia Store publishers.

Mail sent.

Same problem!