Discussion Board

How to claim publisher name from OVI store

Hi ,
    We have signed up on Nokia developer to publish for Nokia X platform. When we submit our android app, we get message that Package name already exists.
    We did a quick investigation and found that all our android apps are imported in OVI store showing default icons.
    http://store.ovi.mobi/publisher/HinKhoj/

How can we claim our publisher name(HinKhoj) and android app package name for Nokia X? It is becoming show stopper for us to publish on Nokia X.

Below is error message:

Below is error message we are getting:

Name: HinKhoj Dictionary
    Filename: NFHinKhojHindEnglishDictionary54.apk
    Size: 9.8 MB
    Date: 2/25/2014
    Package Name: HinKhoj.Dictionary
    Version Code: 54
    Version Name: 5.4
    Your application is not compatible with Nokia X software platform. Below are the details and some recommendations on how you can resolve the incompatibility issues.
    Incompatibility
    Package name 'HinKhoj.Dictionary' already exists in the store
    Recommendation
    Upload a new APK with a unique package name

Thanks
    HinKhoj Team

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to claim publisher name from OVI store

Basically you should have longer names for packages, so there would not be any accidental collisions between namespace names. Anyway, I forward this issue to store management, and see what they could do.

Hi,

please contact our Publisher Support ( developer.support(at)nokia.com ) for further assistance. In the support request, mention the app names, package names, and your company information to make it easier for our support team to identify you.

Br,
    -s e p p o

same prob. for my Publisher name and the package name which is on Google Play may be its checking all apps from Google Play i have send mail to the support let's see what will be the solution

I have the same issue (While I am publishing for Nokia X):
    I can not register my name from Google Play: Kreatur (So I made new name - KreaturApps)
    I can not upload my app with package name: com.kreatur.gomoku (But my other app com.kreatur.cat.notes works without problem)

I think there is a bug or someone stoles our applications and try to publish them on Nokia Store.

Nokia Developer Champion

Same problem with my apps.
    Windows 8, Windows phone 8 or Nokia Asha developer? Go to DVLUP

If you guyz have the same problem, please follow the suggestion that is already provided by Seppo :

Quote Originally Posted by seppo_fn View Post
    Hi,

please contact our Publisher Support ( developer.support(at)nokia.com ) for further assistance. In the support request, mention the app names, package names, and your company information to make it easier for our support team to identify you.

Br,
    -s e p p o

Super Contributor

After a response from Publisher Support, it'd be nice to know what the reason/cause was.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Hi all,

This is Jen from Nokia.

This seems to be a problem that a fair number of people are experiencing. We know it's frustrating and we're sorry. We're looking into this and will get back to you with a response as soon as we can.

Jen

Below is current status for us:
    1. Our apps are automatically imported from 3rd party App store where we published them.
    2. Now we created Nokia publisher account.
    3. conflict between package name of imported vs apps uploaded by us on publisher account.

Solution sought:
    1. allow linking of automatically imported apps to Nokia publisher account

Thanks,
    Hinkhoj Team

We have just published a blog post that explains why this is happening and how to go about getting it resolved:

Nokia and Handster, an Opera Software company, bring apps to the Nokia Store for the Nokia X family

Please follow the instructions in that blog post. Let us know if you have further questions.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    We have just published a blog post that explains why this is happening and how to go about getting it resolved:

Nokia and Handster, an Opera Software company, bring apps to the Nokia Store for the Nokia X family

Please follow the instructions in that blog post. Let us know if you have further questions.
    Am I missing something, or did you accidentally post a link to the wrong blog post, as I don't spot the part about "explains why this is happening and how to go about getting it resolved" or "the instructions"?

its says that if you have your apps at Opera store, and you have Nokia Store account, then your apps are automatically imported in there. Thus if you try adding it yourself, then you get the dublicate error. I suppose there were some issues on parallel processing which caused some mismatches there.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Am I missing something, or did you accidentally post a link to the wrong blog post, as I don't spot the part about "explains why this is happening and how to go about getting it resolved" or "the instructions"?
    That's the correct link. There is background about why the naming conflicts are happening. There's also a link that you can use to email the tech support team if this is happening to you, and they'll help you get it sorted.