Discussion Board

HttpConnector - urgent

I've a problem with a HttpConnector on the Sharp GX10 that's driving me mad. I can make several successful connections in sequence, until I get to a certain page in my midlet.

This class has a timer and makes a request every 15 secs. For some reason after between 3 and 8 requests the app suddenly crashes back out to the phone's OS, only giving the message "Discontinued" with no indication whatsoever as to what the problem is.

Has anyone ever seen this? Anyone know of a problem with using a HttpConnector to repeatedly request on a phone? Can phones only handle one simultaneous request at a time? It goes without saying that everything works hunky-dory on the emulator. If anyone could give me an idea of how to ascertain what the error message actually is that'd be great.

Not sure a Nokia forum is the best place to post a Sharp question, but anyways ...

> Has anyone ever seen this?
    "Discontinued" sounds like an uncaught exception.

> Anyone know of a problem with using a HttpConnector to repeatedly request on a phone?
    We have an IM client which makes multiple http requests with no problem on the GX10. Making a request every 15 seconds isn't gonna be too popular with your users. We have an IM client and even then there is no need to generate so much traffic.

> Can phones only handle one simultaneous request at a time?
    Generally yes, they can only handle one at a time

> If anyone could give me an idea of how to ascertain what the error message actually is that'd be great.
    Check your exception handling.