Discussion Board

TileSource offline with StreamSocketListener not working on Lumia, but ok on Ativ S

Following this thread, it came out that this is a Map-Control-issue, not a StreamSocketListener -problem. So we are back in this forum.

I'm loading locally stored map-tiles from a TileSource in the Map-Control. This works fine, but not on Lumia-Phones, if there is no network connection. On Samsung Ativ S its still working. On Samsungs it was also not working before the GDR3-update. On Lumias its not working even with the Black-firmware.

Attached is a project to reproduce.
    Just run the app and there should appear some red "suns" on the map, which are my locally stored tiles.
    Turn off network, e.g. activate airplane-mode, run the app again and there are no "suns" anymore.

Try on a Samsung and you'll see that there are still the red suns.

I think, there must be something different in the GetUri-Overload of the Map-control on Lumias, when not connected.
    Tom

http://files.qvgps.com/software/qvm/...tilesnokia.zip

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: TileSource offline with StreamSocketListener not working on Lumia, but ok on Ativ

Hmm, I just tried with my 920 in flight mode and the "suns" are still showing. I will try some more thorough testing as soon as I can find some time ... Until then it would be good if others could contribute their observations, with both Lumia Amber and Lumia Black firmware eventually.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: TileSource offline with StreamSocketListener not working on Lumia, but ok on Ativ

What os-version is it actually showing on your 920?
    My 520 has 8.0.10521.155, same as my Ativ S
    There might be some caching in the map-control, so better finish app when changing flightmode-setting.
    Tom

Is there actually a way to get official support from Nokia ?
    Tom

Nokia Developer Moderator

http://developer.nokia.com/support used to list such things, you could simply buy support tickets in the past. Right now there are no such channels available immediately, feedback may be the closest one.
    If you happened to be in the Lumia Premium Developer Program, just have not checked it in detail, that included 2 support tickets or so. However the program is ramped down, so you can not join now.
    Other existing option seems to be the "Earn support tickets through DVLUP", but I can not imagine how they think that - e.g. getting support after you succeeded with your project(s).

Thats not really much.. So I can only hope, that someone here might find a trick.
    Thx, Tom

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Hmm, I just tried with my 920 in flight mode and the "suns" are still showing. I will try some more thorough testing as soon as I can find some time ... Until then it would be good if others could contribute their observations, with both Lumia Amber and Lumia Black firmware eventually.
    Lucian, flightmode is actually not the issue. We realized, that activating flightmode on the ground doesn't automatically disconnect you.
    This Lumia-bug with TileSources occurs when not connected to the internet, so please switch off wifi and gsm-data and try again.

Tom

Hello.. ?