Discussion Board

Banned

Cool Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/nokia/push/PushBaseIntentServic

while porting from android to Nokia X Iam facing the following Errors like Dex Loader] Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/nokia/push/PushBaseIntentService; and

Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/nokia/push/PushBaseIntentService;

The method INTENT_FROM_SERVICE_REGISTER_RESULT() is undefined for the type PushBaseIntentService (PushBaseIntentService.java)

The method INTENT_FROM_SERVICE_MESSAGE() is undefined for the type PushBaseIntentService

The method PERMISSION_SERVICE_INTENTS() is undefined for the type PushConstants (PushRegistrar.java)

The method PERMISSION_SERVICE_INTENTS() is undefined for the type PushConstants

etc etc

Please suggest me How to fix the issue

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/nokia/push/PushBaseIntentSe

I would check the libraries included, basically there appears to be one that has been inluded multiple times. Have to say that sofar I have only seen this when accidentally including android v4 library, when it was already included in android private libraries folder, thus not certain which library it would be. Anyway, a starting point for your quest.

Please let us know which one it was, so next time we'll have the answer ready.

Banned

Re: Unable to execute dex: Multiple dex files define Lcom/nokia/push/PushBaseIntentSe

It was android support v4.jar and push.jar .I have removed and added android.jar which was alreday there But nothing changed while running the app same errors got repeated.

Nokia Developer Moderator

What errors ? I would suppose that if you found the libraries you got rid of Unable to execute dex:, and if I remember right you have other thread for the other issues, so lets get them discussed in there instead of re-opening the discussion here and having multiple places for same problems once again.