Discussion Board

Question Nokia X and Admob

Hi,

i want to Publish my Apps to Nokia X Store, My Apps are using AdMob for Displaying Ads. - Am i allowed to Publish Apps containing AdMob? which belongs to Google. i am not aware of Nokia's Stance on it, nor Google Stance over use of Admob on non-google Android.

Please Clarify,

Thanks,

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia X and Admob

In general you can use any advertisement solution which is working on the standard Nokia X device, thus do check with analyser whether the API is supported, and then try out with local device of yours or Remote Device Access service that your application is working in there.

Do note that Nokia X does not include Google Service's, thus any API which would require any parts of Google Services, would not be supported with Nokia X software platform devices.

I have checked with Analyzer and my App is compatible.

Thanks for replying.

Nokia Developer Administrator

"Using AdMob with Nokia X" would be a great topic for our Nokia X Wiki Challenge, if you're inclined to write up how you did this and earn some DVLUP points in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I have checked with Analyzer and my App is compatible.

Thanks for replying.
    Just to be on safe side, do try it also with Remote Device Access, there you could see that it really does work with a real device. I do trust the Analyser we have, but knowing that no tool is 100% accurate, its always a good idea to do full testing with the target device, before going forward with publishing.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Just to be on safe side, do try it also with Remote Device Access, there you could see that it really does work with a real device. I do trust the Analyser we have, but knowing that no tool is 100% accurate, its always a good idea to do full testing with the target device, before going forward with publishing.
    Tested a Sample App on RDA and it is working fine there, Ads appear just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Tested a Sample App on RDA and it is working fine there, Ads appear just fine.
    Excellent to hear, then would suggest the same as BuildNokia did, basically an way of getting some added benefits in rather easy way.

For the moment everybody that is using the previous versions of the AdMob SDK everything is fine...With the new version that use Google Play is not working anymore...

Anyway the "previous" version will be discontinued on 1st August 2014...

So...

Quote Originally Posted by danielszasz View Post
    With the new version that use Google Play is not working anymore.
    No, it does work with the new version too. The new Admob SDK is call via Google API but it doesn't really use any google services. I've tested it on the real device and it works fine.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by Ovogame View Post
    No, it does work with the new version too. The new Admob SDK is call via Google API but it doesn't really use any google services. I've tested it on the real device and it works fine.

JC
    Thanks for the information, it is exactly what i expected, you will only loose the option of auto update, the same case with Amazon Kindle Fire devices not supporting Google Play Services.

how can i link my nokia x app in admob,and do we get paid even if we don't link