Discussion Board

I can't find my app on Nokia Store

I developed an Android App for Nokia X. I published it to the Nokia Store. My app passed the QA test, too. I received the confirmation email from Nokia for my app getting published on the store. The matter is that, when I go the link for app provided by Nokia, using my phone (Symbian^3 device), I find the app published on the Store. But, when I use link provided by Nokia for Desktop viewing, I find something like this : "Sorry, this item is not available for your country."
    What should I do ? Please help.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: I can't find my app on Nokia Store

You have not mentioned the country where you reside, however if it is not India, it is probably normal that the application is not available. The devices are generally in "Announced" state (see http://developer.nokia.com/devices/d...ations/nokia-x for example), and as far as I know India is the only place where they started shipping a week ago.

Nokia Developer Champion

I also published an app for Nokia X and also cannot see it in the desktop link.
    @Wizard, I don't think its a device availability in a country issue since I could always see apps that were published to new Asha devices with the desktop url way before they were available globally (and most of them still not available here in my country and can still see them)
    I do believe this is something with the new Nokia X platform and desktop website that are not compatible because you cannot even select a Nokia X device in the "Set device" link in the desktop site.

I just hope someone from Nokia publish or store is aware of the issue and are working on it....
    Heard of DVLUP? Join here

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shai.i View Post
    I also published an app for Nokia X and also cannot see it in the desktop link.
    @Wizard, I don't think its a device availability in a country issue since I could always see apps that were published to new Asha devices with the desktop url way before they were available globally (and most of them still not available here in my country and can still see them)
    I do believe this is something with the new Nokia X platform and desktop website that are not compatible because you cannot even select a Nokia X device in the "Set device" link in the desktop site.

I just hope someone from Nokia publish or store is aware of the issue and are working on it....
    Thanks shai.i. Yes, we're aware of this issue and we're working on it. I'll let you know when I have an update.

Jen

Hello,

I'm in France and publish my Android app for Nokia X since one month. Validation by Nokia Publish Team is OK. But, links to the app doesn't work. And as say in the previous post, Nokia X phone is not available in nokia store (web desktop browser). (http://store.ovi.com/content/508337)

Does it work for French Publisher ?

Greatings,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by BuildNokia View Post
    Thanks shai.i. Yes, we're aware of this issue and we're working on it. I'll let you know when I have an update.

Jen
    Hello,

My app (http://store.ovi.com/content/508337) is published - Nokia publisher validation - since 4 april 2014. Thus, I can't find it when going with web browser to the app link (http://store.ovi.com/content/508337).

Nokia X is not in device list choice too.

When should my app be available ?

Greatings,

Eric

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

Nokia X apps are not visible in web client. You need to use Nokia X Store client to see your application.

Br,
    Janne

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info.

Nokia makes it difficult for us to promote the store:
    Like many developers I wanted to add a "Available for Nokia-X" Badge to my website, and link it to the Nokia store.
    But I don't want to send my web visitors to a page with just an error message. So I don't link to Nokia X store and I removed the badge.
    I hope this situation will be improved.

Regards

Karsten Meier

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by internetlabor View Post
    Thank you for the info.

Nokia makes it difficult for us to promote the store:
    Like many developers I wanted to add a "Available for Nokia-X" Badge to my website, and link it to the Nokia store.
    But I don't want to send my web visitors to a page with just an error message. So I don't link to Nokia X store and I removed the badge.
    I hope this situation will be improved.

Regards

Karsten Meier
    Thanks for your feedback Karsten. We know this is a problem and we're working on it. We're sorry it's causing problems for you (and for anyone else experiencing the same issues.)

Jen
    How can I help?

jennifer.jobart@microsoft.com