Discussion Board

Applications compatibility

Hi everyone,

I am a big fan of Nokia. Unfortunatelly, because of Windows8 ugly skins, I go through Android phones... I am holding an Oppo Find 7a, ... but that's my business.

I just want to make think about an idea: I am really enjoying about the work of Nokia and Microsoft to help developpers and innovations in apps. Because in "Google Play Store", there are 500 000 000 times the same apps. With Nokia (Nokia N97 and N95) I didn't have the same feeling.

I just want to make think about sharing Microsoft and Nokia apps, compatible to android devices, thanks to Nokia X. It could be through .apk apps on the internet, or through a Ovi store for Android, available on Nokia/Microsoft official websites.

This action could drag a lot of android fans to your community, and I think, share is the most important thing.

I love the professionnal apps made by you, Nokia and Microsoft, such as: Office Lens, Office Mobile, Nokia Camera Beta, etc...

What do you all think about my request ?

Thanks for reading

Best regards.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Applications compatibility

Hi, the story is a bit different: Nokia Developer is a support site for 3rd party software developers. Whenever you plan to create new or port existing applications to Nokia platforms (let it be Nokia X, Nokia Asha, Windows Phone), you can find help here: documentation, guides, Wiki, discussion boards, etc. However the people developing end-user Nokia products are not here. There is an other discussion site on http://www.nokia.com/discussions (your user and password are the same as here), product feedback and requests have a better place there.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Re: Applications compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by RayannSa View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am a big fan of Nokia. Unfortunatelly, because of Windows8 ugly skins, I go through Android phones... I am holding an Oppo Find 7a, ... but that's my business.

I just want to make think about an idea: I am really enjoying about the work of Nokia and Microsoft to help developpers and innovations in apps. Because in "Google Play Store", there are 500 000 000 times the same apps. With Nokia (Nokia N97 and N95) I didn't have the same feeling.

I just want to make think about sharing Microsoft and Nokia apps, compatible to android devices, thanks to Nokia X. It could be through .apk apps on the internet, or through a Ovi store for Android, available on Nokia/Microsoft official websites.

This action could drag a lot of android fans to your community, and I think, share is the most important thing.

I love the professionnal apps made by you, Nokia and Microsoft, such as: Office Lens, Office Mobile, Nokia Camera Beta, etc...

What do you all think about my request ?

Thanks for reading

Best regards.
    Thank you for your feedback!