Discussion Board

Question Developing apps for Nokia N70

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post, so HELLO there.
    I got an old Nokia N70 and I'd like to write some programs for it. C++ is my favorite programming language. As far as I know there's an IDE for this purpose named "Carbide.c++" and I have to find an specific version that supports S60 2nd Edition and install some SDKs on it. Well I've searched everywhere for those files but no luck (Most links address to "Tools > Archive" part of Nokia website which is taken down ).
    I'd really appreciate it if someone guided me on finding these tools or suggested the right tools for developing apps for Nokia N70. Thanks in advance.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Developing apps for Nokia N70

Quote Originally Posted by snake68 View Post
    I'm new to this forum and this is my first post, so HELLO there.
    I got an old Nokia N70 and I'd like to write some programs for it. C++ is my favorite programming language. As far as I know there's an IDE for this purpose named "Carbide.c++" and I have to find an specific version that supports S60 2nd Edition and install some SDKs on it. Well I've searched everywhere for those files but no luck (Most links address to "Tools > Archive" part of Nokia website which is taken down ).
    I'd really appreciate it if someone guided me on finding these tools or suggested the right tools for developing apps for Nokia N70. Thanks in advance.
    It has taken a lot of developers to put in some pressure to make the newer S60 SDKs available. This SDK that you mention, the 2nd edition have very long since been in archive and it has been years since anybody has even uttered the name of these SDKs. Unless somebody has some private archive (which I doubt anybody would keep these given that those devices are long dead and gone and the last devices must have been sold 8-9 years back..not sure of that either), I do not feel optimistic about finding one either. But if somebody here has it, I am sure they will post here..otherwise, I am not sure of where else you can look for.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Actually I do have some backups, what I do not have is the right to distribute them.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    ... But if somebody here has it, I am sure they will post here..otherwise, I am not sure of where else you can look for.
    Well, thank you anyways, I really do hope that somebody has them here... wait a minute!
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Actually I do have some backups, what I do not have is the right to distribute them.
    But nope.