Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

DVLUP challenge deadlines question

I've got an app that was accepted to the store about 14 hours ago or so. I've been waiting for DVLUP to update my app list so I can submit it for a challenge. I can search for it in the store and find it, so some of the indexing is finished. However, I just pushed the update button in the app list on DVLUP and it is still not finding my new app.

The problem: the challenge I want to submit my app to is ending in about an hour. Am I out of luck? Or is there some way I can still get it in given that the app was accepted into the store within the deadline?

(Challenge = Comics With Friends)
    (My app = http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...2-817a2c3dc829 )

It would be nice to be able to submit it ... 1000 XP is very desirable.

Nokia Developer Administrator

Re: DVLUP challenge deadlines question

I've forwarded your question to DVLUP support. They're pretty busy but one of us should be back with an answer soon.

Nokia Developer Administrator

I heard back from DVLUP support. Here was their reply:

Sometimes the system experiences a delay in updating app lists. This can be due to many reasons. For example, Microsoft might take a while to verify an app, or the app might have been hidden when it was uploaded to the store. We advise developers to submit their apps 48 hours in advance to hedge against delays.

We just did a manual update and this app is now showing up; however since the deadline has now passed it is too late to submit it. We apologize and hope that Lee is able to participate in future Challenges.
    Really sorry about that Lee. Is it possible that you could submit this app to a future challenge?

Regular Contributor

Disappointing, but I understand. Rules are rules. I think I just got too used to the Store submission process becoming lightning fast. It would be nice if there were a better way to link DVLUP app lists with dev accounts... maybe after the merger is done.

Yes. However I feel the rewards are skewed. Guys in US can get Lumia 512 for just 1300 XP whereas in other countries even for an Asha device, we need over 2000xp. The nearest Lumia device is about 11,000 XP points !