Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Feedback on publishing quick Nokia X apps

Hi,

I just wanted to bring to your attention my experience with publishing quick Nokia X apps,
    In some of my apps there is a link back to the app store page for the purpose of letting the user add rating to the app quickly
    on google play it would be https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=packagename and on Nokia store it should be http://store.ovi.com/content/XXXXX
    However when publishing a quick Nokia X app (unlike the regular publishing of Nokia X apps or Asha apps or google play apps) you cannot know in advance your content id before uploading your binary first but that url needs to be already inside the binary so you are forced to upload a binary with wrong url and then after the submission is over you have to re-build your binary with the correct url with the content id and then resubmit it which makes the process a bit more cumbersome.

That's all.
    Heard of DVLUP? Join here

Nokia Developer Administrator

Re: Feedback on publishing quick Nokia X apps

Thanks for your feedback shai.i. I'll pass it on internally.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You should be able to know that, have you actually tried using the second option ? i.e. not the quick where you need to submit the APK first ?

The second optiong works just as the old way did, thus you do make the content item first, and then add APK once you have finished with all things with it. This would also work for apps using HERE maps and NIAP.

Nokia Developer Champion

symbianyucca, the second option is actually marked to be used ONLY if your app either support Here maps or In-App, so no you cant use it if your app doesn't use any of the two.

Where would it say so ?

You are free to use it, if it helps your submissions. With it, you are not required to implement Maps nor NIAP.

Nokia Developer Champion

The asterisk clearly says "Your Nokia X app uses Nokia In-App Payment or HERE APIs"
    To me it seems that in order to use this option your app needs to use the NIAP or there Here API.
    If you are positive this is not the case then ask the Nokia publish team to fix this.

its meant to mean that incase you are using those, you might want to take that track, anyways, I forwarded this thread to publishing, so they can check what should be changed.

Thank you for the feedback.

The reason for this wording was to keep the phrasing short and things simple (and this should work in most cases). Your comment is valid though and I'll deliver your feedback to our development team. Note that portal will be constantly improved and updated with new features and developers' feedback helps us improve it.

Br,
    Seppo
    Nokia Store Publisher Support

If you link using the market:// method ( http://developer.android.com/distrib...e/linking.html ), then you can just use the package name, without needing to know the Nokia Store URL (on Nokia X, the market:// link will direct to Nokia Store).

See http://developer.nokia.com/community/wiki/Nokia_X_FAQ "How can I link to my products in Nokia Store?"

Also this means you can use the same method for both Google Play and Nokia Store (or indeed anywhere else), without needing to compile a different binary every time.