Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Question Imaging SDK extension

Hi ,
    On the WIKi and discution boeard several interesting class based on Imaging SDK can be found :
    * custom filter in C# and C++,
    * picture navigation,
    * Correct Camera preview display,
    * Blending gesture position,
    * DirectX texture load from JPEG, Png, ... sourcefile,

I thinks it's possible to create a library which extend Imaging SDK with all of these class. The goals is to give
    * C# and C++ Helper
    * XAML controls
    * Set of new filters.

What do you thinks?
    Which features could interest you?
    Who could be interesting to participate?

yan
    Windows 8, Windows phone 8 or Nokia Asha developer? Go to DVLUP

Re: Imaging SDK extension

I think this is an excellent idea and a good set of questions. The fact that people are interested in particular features would be of interest to Nokia even if the community can't resource it - good feedback on what might be considered "missing" from the offering.

I know Oliver developed some useful helpers for C++ that would help anyone writing their own app using C++ custom filters.

On the specific topic of filters, there is quite a good set of community created custom C++/C# filters and filter recipes. This includes some ideas for collaborating but still well worth discussing what you might like to see here too.

Nokia Developer Champion

I'd definitely be willing to help with this project.

As for the UI portion - going by recent discussions on this forum that is definitely something that would be very helpful to lots of people. Given the upcoming developments with WP8.1 the controls however should reside in a separate assembly. WP8 right now is Silverlight based but in WP8.1 we will additionally get support for WinRT XAML (which is reusable on Windows8/Windows RT as well). So in all likelihood we would end up with the following assemblies/components that we should be able to add to projects separately:

- Imaging SDK Extensions (should be a portable class library if possible to allow usage on WP8/WinRT)
    - Silverlight WP8 UI Controls (compatibility with WP8 and WP8.1 - Lens Apps on WP8.1 will have to use the Silverlight-Stack as the Lenses Feature to my knowledge isn't available for WinRT XAML Apps)
    - WinRT XAML UR Controls (compatibility with WP8.1 and WinRT - should ideally provide controls that can be used in the new universal Apps)

Count me in for this. I'm gladly to contribute.

I have already some helper classes for correct preview display, history helper for all types of filters (creates pipeline and supports undo easily) and some other helpers. Also that some math classes which can be found in AForge.Net framework.

Quote Originally Posted by Engin Kırmacı View Post
    Count me in for this. I'm gladly to contribute.

I have already some helper classes for correct preview display, history helper for all types of filters (creates pipeline and supports undo easily) and some other helpers. Also that some math classes which can be found in AForge.Net framework.
    Great. Care needs to be taken with licencing.

BTW, I'm still not getting notifications from this system, so if I've asked a question anywhere and not gone back and responded, many apologies!