Discussion Board

Lightbulb Nokia publish broken link / Free Java Verified signing for Nokia Store apps

Hello guys

I am about to publish my app into nokia store but I have some questions regarding nokia publish. First of all, there is a broken link there at section "Before you upload"

Before you upload…
    Java apps must meet Java Verified testing requirements.
    Nokia provides free Java Verified signing for Nokia Store apps.
    To publish faster and avoid common failures, see Top 10 QA failures and Content Guidelines.
    The link "free Java Verified signing for Nokia Store apps" redirects you to http://www.developer.nokia.com/Distr..._signing.xhtml and this link does not exists..

So, do I have to pay for this java Verified or is there a way to get it for free????

I have also read this link: http://developer.nokia.com/community...ng_for_dummies

I really don't want to submit my app to this java verified tests because it generally takes to much time... So, if I buy a certificate from VeriSign or Thawte, will it be accepted by nokia publish as a valid certificate (I want to use it instead of java verified one)?

Of course my app will be following all guidelines, I just don't want to submit it to java verified process...
    Last edited by hostminas; 2014-05-15 at 08:06. Reason: Title was wrong

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Nokia publish broken link / Free Java Verified signing for Nokia Store apps

Nokia store does offers FREE signing for java apps, to qualify for free signing all you have to do is simply submit your unsigned app to the store and if it passes QA it will get signed and distribute.
    The QA process does test for java verified criteria so your app should comply with the store guidelines which includes all of them.
    The QA process is done for ALL apps whether the app is unsigned or is signed by a certificate authority such as VeriSign, Thawte, etc.
    Heard of DVLUP? Join here

Thank you very much shai.i, now it is clear for me.. I though that I have to had my app signed before submit to nokia publish...

Thanks for your effort , good answer

Nokia Developer Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hostminas View Post
    First of all, there is a broken link there at section "Before you upload"

The link "free Java Verified signing for Nokia Store apps" redirects you to http://www.developer.nokia.com/Distr..._signing.xhtml and this link does not exists...
    Can you please provide the URL of the page that contains the "Before you upload" section?
    How can I help?

jennifer.jobart@microsoft.com

Hi, here is the link:

https://publish.developer.nokia.com/...ow/XXXXX#files

Where XXXXX is probably the application ID.