Discussion Board

Question Lumia 620: driver not found and kann't deploy application.

Hi all,

1) When i connect my Lumia on USB I receive message: "Driver not found on Windows 7 Nokia Lumia 620 (RM-846)", though i can syncronize files with "Windows Phone Desktop".

2) I haven't connection to Lumia with PhoneReg.exe on Windows 7 and cann't deploy application from VS Express 2012.
    (I think at first i have to connect to phone and than Register as developer with PhoneReg.exe.
    Service IpOverUsbSvc is running, firewall and mccaafe onlinescan is disabled.

Thanks!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Lumia 620: driver not found and kann't deploy application.

1) due to the driver-related message it may be a good idea to look around in the Device Manager, and see what problems it lists. Copying files around may use a more generic USB driver than what is required for a debug/deploy connection. Have you allowed Windows to search for drivers online?
    2) most probably it is a direct effect of 1)

EDIT: SB Dev is right, while the driver problem might be corrected, WP8 development needs Windows 8 (if you evaluate to change, note that its emulator has some extra requirements, like it needs Windows 8 Professional, and a relatively recent CPU, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...K_Requirements).
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2014-07-06 at 17:22.

Nokia Developer Champion

You mention that you are running Windows 7. The Windows Phone 8 SDK requires Windows 8 though. From that I assume that you are using VS2012 with the Windows Phone 7 SDK. You can't deploy to a Windows Phone 8 device (like the Lumia 620) from the Windows Phone 7 SDK.

So I would guess that no matter which drivers you use you won't be able to deploy to your device.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    1) due to the driver-related message it may be a good idea to look around in the Device Manager, and see what problems it lists.
    Copying files around may use a more generic USB driver than what is required for a debug/deploy connection. Have you allowed Windows to search for drivers online?
    2) most probably it is a direct effect of 1)

EDIT: SB Dev is right, while the driver problem might be corrected, WP8 development needs Windows 8 (if you evaluate to change, note that its emulator has some extra requirements, like it needs Windows 8 Professional, and a relatively recent CPU, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...K_Requirements).
    1) Yes Device Manager say that is Error Code 28, Driver is not found. Yes, Windows has search the Drivers online.
    And i have three Nokias in Device Manager

Hardware IDs
    USB\VID_0421&PID_0661&REV_0100&MI_01
    USB\VID_0421&PID_0661&MI_01

---------------------------------------------------
    USB\VID_0421&PID_0661&REV_0100&MI_02
    USB\VID_0421&PID_0661&MI_02

---------------------------------------------------
    USB\VID_0421&PID_0661&REV_0100&MI_03
    USB\VID_0421&PID_0661&MI_03

Has anyone Lumia 620 on Windows 7?

2) SDK 8 is cracked <...... Removed the link > and worked on Windows 7 and i have not Emulators (no Hyper-V). But for me is importent why drivers are not installed on Windows 7.
    Last edited by Symbian_Neil; 2014-07-07 at 19:47. Reason: edited out the link

Nokia Developer Champion

I would suggest to discuss issues with cracked software where you found said software. Given that no one here is using those hacks we're not likely to be able to help you with that. It's not an issue anyone would face on Windows 8.1. My suggested solution would be to upgrade your System to Windows 8.1.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by SB Dev View Post
    I would suggest to discuss issues with cracked software where you found said software. Given that no one here is using those hacks we're not likely to be able to help you with that. It's not an issue anyone would face on Windows 8.1. My suggested solution would be to upgrade your System to Windows 8.1.
    ... and I'd recommend moving to Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 which comes with the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK - the WP8 SDK is already outdated.

I have edited out the link.

Please understand that we do not discuss any illegal methods (cracked softwares) here.

You are right! I go earn money :-). Or it will be Windows 9 next year? Thanks for the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by rb.maxx View Post
    You are right! I go earn money :-). Or it will be Windows 9 next year? Thanks for the help guys!
    Hi Rb Maxx.

If you are a developer and you plan on pursuing that career I would strongly recommend that you get a MSDN subscription. If you are a student you can get one for free with Dreamspark. If you are a startup you can get it very cheap with Bizspark. If you are a small ISV (up to 10 users, 3 developers) you can get it also very cheap through the Microsoft Action pack.

To give you an example, I use Microsoft Action pack (MAPS) at my company and it includes 10 licenses of Windows 8, 10 licenses of Office 2013, and many other products, plus one license for Windows 2012 server, SQL 2012 Server, both with 10 Client access licenses. But the sweat part of it is that it also includes 3 MSDN subscriptions that includes licenses for Visual Studio. And also cloud services. I pay for all of that about 400 euros per year.

if you want to keep up the pace and be updated, there are some cheap options like these and you dont have to resort to strange, to say the least, workarounds. Hope this helps.