Discussion Board

Rate My App nuget not working on WP8.1 app

It throws an error saying "The type FeedbackOverlay cannot be found in the namespace...."
    I'm following the procedure exactly as shown by the pdf that accompanies the nuget, also tried to uninstall and reinstall several times with no effect.
    Any help please?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Rate My App nuget not working on WP8.1 app

Are you trying on a Silverlight 8.1 App or one of the new WinRT 8.1 Apps? I'd guess that the package is only working with Silverlight based Apps right now.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Rate My App nuget not working on WP8.1 app

It was made for WP8, not WP8.1 so if you're using the newer 8.1 SL or 8.1 XAML project types, it won't work unless an update is published.

(check the project READ.ME at https://github.com/nokia-developer/rate-my-app)

Compatible with WP 8.1 Silverlight

Quote Originally Posted by theothernt View Post
    It was made for WP8, not WP8.1 so if you're using the newer 8.1 SL or 8.1 XAML project types, it won't work unless an update is published.
    It will work fine in WP 8.1 Silverlight.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Compatible with WP 8.1 Silverlight

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but some other packages are also missing i suppose, like ImageTools lib(http://wp.qmatteoq.com/how-to-displa...e-application/). No matter if i choose WP8 or 8.1 project, its not there.Seems something wrong with VS2013 as with VS 2012(installed on another machine), i can see this lib in Nuget Packages.

Nokia Developer Champion

In most cases when a NuGet package doesn't work properly, it needs an update. This appears to be the case both with ImageTools and Rate My App. Mobile platforms move fast, so a package that hasn't been updated in a year might have issues.

Other than contacting the devs in question and asking for an update, you options are 1) find an alternative NuGet package 2) download the source, if available, then add it to your solution.

In the case of ImageTools, there's a PCL version on NuGet which may work - http://www.nuget.org/packages/ImageTools-PCL/

Nokia Developer Champion

In most cases when a NuGet package doesn't work properly, it needs an update. This appears to be the case both with ImageTools and Rate My App. Mobile platforms move fast, so a package that hasn't been updated in a year might have issues.
    There's isn't any update available, VS 2013 already has the latest one (V2.8.50313.46)

Other than contacting the devs in question and asking for an update, you options are 1) find an alternative NuGet package 2) download the source, if available, then add it to your solution.
    In the case of ImageTools, there's a PCL version on NuGet which may work - http://www.nuget.org/packages/ImageTools-PCL/
    Nops, running the command in Package manager console gives 'Unable to find package 'ImageTools-PCL', the same its giving for ImageTools

In most cases when a NuGet package doesn't work properly, it needs an update. This appears to be the case both with ImageTools and Rate My App.
    Did you actually try it? NuGet for RateMyApp works fine on WP 8.1 Silverlight.

Edit:
    I tried NuGet installation of ImageTools, and it also works for me on WP 8.1 Silverlight.
    I'm not surprised. A Silverlight module that works on WP 8.0 should have a good chance of working on WP 8.1. Where did you hear that there are issues? Is it from personal experience?

Last edited by Metro Developer; 2014-07-11 at 09:28.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Metro Developer View Post
    Did you actually try it? NuGet for RateMyApp works fine on WP 8.1 Silverlight.
    No, because I'm concentrating on 8.1 XAML/WinRT which is the future, not 8.1 SL.

Also, Universal apps use WinRT so there'll be quite a few existing NuGet packages that won't work without an update.