Discussion Board

Animation Windows Phone Draw Random Circles on screen

I am now starting with the Windows Phone application based on Graphics for low level graphics operations.
    I am using the Canvas as Background and one button called Start Button.
    When I Click the Start button will clear the screen and start the animation thread and replace the start button with a stop button.
    When I Click the Stop button will stop the animation thread and replace the Stop button with a Start button.
    And the animation thread will draw a red circle object say Red Circles of same size at a random location within the width and height of the current screen.

How I can write code, can anyone can provide me code for this.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Animation Windows Phone Draw Random Circles on screen

Try searching 'StoryBoard Animations'. With start/stop button, you can try switching the visibility of button to visible/collapsed as per the condition for each button.

Can you give me link of sample app,
    I tried from Blend but its not worked for me.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by develope1stindia View Post
    Can you give me link of sample app,
    I tried from Blend but its not worked for me.
    Can you give us a overview on your level of knowledge of Windows Phone? Hoe much experience do you have? What can you do and where do you have more difficulties? Do you have background on any other language? If so, witch platform?

I'm asking because if you plan to learn how to develop for Windows Phone by trial an error you going to loose a ***huge*** amount of time. And based on your answer I can try to help you in a much better way.

I am at Beginner level at Development of Windows Phone app. I developed apps but not best quality apps yet, so learning now. I am Engineering Final year student, I am learning new things of App development from samples, but everywhere gave in complex manner, so I am thinking to learn from people and net and put it in simple manner so the other noobs like me can easily implement that using my articles. Cause MSDN have samples, but they did lots of things in one app so its become tough to understand, so I want to make it in simple way so I am learning and want to post.
    I am doing IT Engineering, as Engineering only teaches only 1% of whole programming so I am doing RnD on C# and developing apps for Windows Phone. Platform only Windows App or Windows Phone apps.

May I recommend some online resources to get you started?

Believe me that you will be saving a lot of time if you get first a broad overview on how windows phone works, and the language, before trying to go head first. If you plan on spending a lot of time doing it by trial and error, you will have a really hard time learning it properly.

Start here:
    http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Buil...dows-Phone-8-1

And try some elearning free materials online:

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.c...lute-beginners

Just a suggestion of course

Quote Originally Posted by develope1stindia View Post
    I am doing IT Engineering, as Engineering only teaches only 1% of whole programming
    Having studied Engineering in India myself, I can vouch that this statistic of yours is misleading. Every branch remotely connected to information Technology (Computer Science, Electronics and Communications, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, etc. ) has atleast one programming language during the 4 year course (often one per year if not more in the most directly connected branches like the Computer Science and E&C, etc. sometimes touching even very low level microprocessor level programming in pseudocode code if I remember the terms correctly). And often these are touched in-dept. Ofcourse its left to the student to show seriousness in exploring to more 'expert level' than the scope of syllabus..this being the norm for any and every programming language course anywhere-else anyway.

Regular Contributor

Another method of drawing circles you might want to look into is using WriteableBitmapEx. They have a NuGet package and a website with a lot of sample code. It's so fast, you can do animations...