Discussion Board

Nokia Audio Suite 1 Question

I just got the new working version of this yesterday and I'm very happy with it. Im using it with Cubase SX v1.0.5.61. The auralisation tool is very accurate!

Everything was going perfectly except for one thing, when I select the target device which in my case is 3510 (4 polyphony), it replaces the place where I used to choose the particular instrument I wanted for that channel.

So, now all my channels (apart from percussion ch.10) are played in piano, which is no good at all.

Can anyone tell me how to select different instruments?

Greetings.
    If you want to change the instrument in the midi channel, you should send to this channel the Program Change message.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

But how do I send the Program Change message to this channel?

If you're talking about the "Prg" tab on the left of the screen where it is usually done, I can't do it.
    Because now, instead of having the usual list of instruments, it just has a list of different nokia phone types to use 3510(4poly), 3510i(4poly), 6220(16poly) etc.

"But how do I send the Program Change message to this channel?"
    Just select some track and open List Editor.
    To add a new event to the edited part, proceed as follows:
    1. Use the Insert pop-up menu on the toolbar to select the desired event type (Program Change ).
    2. Select the Pencil tool and click in the event display, at the desired position (relative to the ruler).
    If you are creating note events, you can click and drag to set the length of the note.
    The new event appears in the list and in the display. Its properties will be set to default values, but can easily be adjusted in the list.