Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Developer Release of the Remote Sync (SyncML) Application for the Nokia 7650

Hi all,
    does the Developer Release of the Remote Sync (SyncML) Application work with the Nokia 7650?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by stefano_fornari; 2003-07-07 at 15:59.

Ok, the answer is no.

so the question is: is there anything alike for the N7650? Or can we assume that if something works with the 7210, it will probably work with the 7650 too?

Any advice is very appreciated, because in this condition is pretty impossible to do anything useful.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

Nokia 7650

If you follow the spec exactly then you will be able to sync with the 7650.

By spec i mean:

The syncml 1.0.1 spec and just as important the VCard2.1 spec.

If you follow the spec then it will work.

So if you are stuck go back and re-read the spec all the answers are there

You are at least optimistic :-)

Even if what you say was true, it wouldn't be nice by Nokia not to provide tools for easily develop applications for thier phones. There is no way you can get out from a situation where you do not get any feedback and you do not have a term of paragon. No specs tell you that server capabilities must be encoded in the WBXML message as an opaque embedded complete WBXML stream.... You have to discover it by yourself or pay a lot of money for the interoperability test toolkit....
    This is very bad by Nokia and the other phone manifactures. At the end, what I would ask is something they already have for the 7210. It should not be a big problem to do something similar for the 7650.

Just my two cents.