Discussion Board

.htm unknown file format on 3510i ??

Hi,

I am trying to build a wap 1.2 site with XHTML MP. When I use my sharp GX 10 on Vodafone to access the site, everything works perfectly. However, when I use my Nokia 3510i to access the site over T-Mobile GPRS, it says: unknown fileformat. My gprs works since f.e. I can access other mobile sites on both phones. I already tried to change the extension from .jsp to .htm .html and .xhtml. I run tomcat on windows.

Any ideas ?

Thanks!!!

Super Contributor
    Hello,

if you make the WAP 1.2.1 site, u should use WML...

But if u are trying to use XHTML MP, u should test it with some other phone than 3510i, because it doesn't support XHTML MP.

Check which Nokia phones support XHTML MP from document "Nokia WAP Phone Characteristic"

Tum

Hello Tumpelo (or someone else),

Thanks for the information, that makes sense. This however makes we wonder about another question. Is it then possible at all to serve all the phones that use either wap 1.2, imode 2.0 or XHTML MP ? For example, if I want to make my site work on the sharp GX10 (vodafone live phone), on a standard KPN iMode phone and on the 3510i, how can I do that ?

I believe I need to build 3 versions of the site, 1 in imode 2.0 compatible tags, 1 in WML and one in XHTML MP....

So, how can I check best what the phone is compatible with ?

Sorry for the difficult question, but it's rather new stuff for me.

Thanks anyway for your help..