Discussion Board

NDS 2.0: Still the preverified-temp issue

Sorry to repeatedly ask the same question again, I've read posts about this issue but still couldn't figure out how to fix that.

When I create the .jar and .jad using NDS 2.0, it says "MyProject/preverified-temp/MyProject/some.class" not found. My class files are stored in "MyProject/classes" and I tried copying them to /preverified-temp/ manually, they got deleted after i hit the generate button and the error occured.

I was so happy with the previous NDS. I'm inusing Jbuilder 9 personal + NDS 2.0 now and i spent days still just couldn't make one simple .jar.

path to "preverify.exe" is set and it can be excuted anywhere in the system.

Would anyone share ways they fixed this issue please? Thanks in advance. =)

And to Nokia engineers, thanks for making great tools all the way but please, since i'm not the only one who's experiecing this, please fix this or tell us the simplest way to fix it.

Thanks,
    Herbert

Try preverify using preverify.exe

Hi,

I had the same problem, the NDS2.0 kept saying can't find the class in the preverified-temp folder. I got fed up & use the Java WTK2.0 preverify tool (in the bin folder) & manually preverify. After that copy the preverified classes into the Nokia preverified-temp. After that NDS seems to behave itself.

Good luck

how did you managed? i have the same problem (surprise surprise)

i have preverified manually, like this:
    preverify -classpath d:\nokia\devices\Series_60_MIDP_Concept_SDK_Beta_0_3_Nokia_edition\lib\classes.zip HelloMIDlet

where hellomidlet is the class file

then i copy the preverified class in the nokia preverifies-temp but, now, when i try, the same happends, the class is deleted and it doesnt generate the files

thx for you help

Thanks guys, here's my solution.

I searched on the web, and finally got the previous version of NDS (1.1 or soemthing like that i believe) and I'm using that happily. =)

Thanks,
    Herbert

i have done the same. working nicely

Same Problem here

PLz post Download-Link to NDS 1.1 as it is not provied by nokia anymore! Or mail URL or file to me: mail@aphex3k.de

Thanks

One instance of this problem solved

In my particular case, I had a static class called IO which used IO.class.getResourceAsStream... Apparently, this is not allowed. For whatever reason, I have to have an instance and use myIOinstance.getClass().getResourceAsStream() .....

I think the problem is more generic than that though.

My guess is that preverify.exe is just really bad at dealing with a variety of issues, and when it fails it deletes class files and comes up with the stupid "file not found" error rather than telling what's really bugging it.