Discussion Board

ui api (i know its not truely a net prob))

nokia ui api
    hi...im new to java an new to j2me , but i want to make a programe with i can play some sounds with the nokia series 40 api sound classes,so i've got a "BlockGame" source to see how it works, but i get always an error from the compiler (j2me)
    that the class is not found ( com.nokia.mid.ui does not exist import com.nokia.mid.ui.FullCanvas; ) i have the class files from the Nokia_Series_40_MIDP_Concept_SDK_Beta_0_3 and put they into the class folder on the blockgame, still doesen't work...please, can anybone help me
    can anyone make the zip file run with the j2me 1.3 (don't want to uns another (jbuilder - nerver heard) programm , its hard enough for me - so much new programms) and send it back to me, or a statement, where i have to put in the nokia api class files, on witch folder???

blockgame is here: http://www20.brinkster.com/maxxxis/blockgame.zip

classfiles are here:
    http://www20.brinkster.com/maxxxis/classes.zip

thanks markus

Hi, maxxxis, there are so many questions

Let's start from the one you expressed clearly:

i get always an error from the compiler (j2me)
    that the class is not found

If compliler can't find them, tell it where to look for
    Use -classpath parameter.

Note, that there is no special j2me compiler. You use normal javac.

Also from your question I've got an appearence that you don't have either Nokia phone or simulator. You can't launch J2ME programs stand-alone, they need phone to be run in.

hey doc

where i cn find classpath parameter, in the whole programm sorce does the word "classpath" not exist, i've took a look to the j2me console, also no classpath parameter to find, please can you define it a bit specialer for me, i need extream long to check something like that in my mind, and yes i know that the console use javac , please help me out , thanks m.

type javac -?
    You'll get a list of possible arguments.

Actually, you know, it's nice to know some general Java, before starting J2ME stuff.

And what do you call J2ME console? Where did you get it?

why using javac? i do not use the cmd windows (why?) i use console window (KToolbar) there is a button "build" i don't wanna use the cmd windows that is boring , this reminds me on old dos times...
    there musst exist a solution for this prob doc, thanks again markus (from austria)

Ok, if you have the class files from the Nokia_Series_40_MIDP_Concept_SDK_Beta_0_3 and KToolbar, you probably installed Nokia SDK incorrectly.

After you install it correctly you'll be able to select this phone type in KToolbar

Ask in J2ME general, or, better, in Tools and SDKs

ui api (i know its not truely a net prob))
    Then why are you asking here?

öhm no i haven't installed the sdk!? is it necessary? i dont think that it is, i have only a dial in inet access at home and the file have about 40 mb, so if its not necessary, i dont't wanna do this!!!
    there musst be a solution... in this way, the "compiler" doesen't find the classfiles (classpath) so how to tell him where the files are !!!??? thats the problem, i dont need the sdk for this one!!!
    and witch phone type, i have 6800,its a 40 ons , but that doesen't really matter...thx m.

Yes, u can probably compile files without emulator.
    Try reading help about javac. You should tell javac where to find your classfiles.

You have to use javac from Command Prompt because without SDK installed, KToolbar itself can't even imagine that it should look for some external classfiles.

So, you have to compile/archive everything manually or hack WirelessToolkit configuration files.
    Seems like both ways are too difficult for you if you even can't read javac help. Then it's really desireble for you to get SDK from somewhere or at least read java.sun.com about the development process.

P.S.
    By the way without a Simulator you can run your program only on the phone, you know it probably