Discussion Board

midi-file with vibra example q?

Hello!
    I'm sorry, maybe I mistaken with forum...
    Can somebody send me midi file or url, where I can find it, with vibration?

I use NoteWorthy Composer to create midi, and I found instrument 'Vibraphone', in this box I see
    [checkbox] - Select a patch bank
    Controller [0..digit] [0..digit]

What I must set for this instrument to make phone vibrate?

Thank you.

P.S. e-mail: kvn@spn.com.ua

Vibra in MIDI files

I have been unsuccessful in adding Vibra to a MIDI file as well.

I am using Anvil Studio as my composer (one of the few free ones out there) and have tried messing around with the settings as best as possible.

As far as I can tell, one must compose track for the vibration, and the instrument you want is 125 (Telephone Ring), I think, on channel 7. I speculate this according to the Nokia Document: MIDI and True Tones in Nokia Phones at:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,65...ou&fileID=3298

Problem is that I don't know how to decifer the following:
    - ### SFX (what does this mean?)
    - 79H 06H (seems the default MSB/LSB, whatever those are, for instrument 125 is 79H 00H according to their map, but I don't know how to change the LSB bank value)
    - program name is Vibra (does this mean track name must be changed to Vibra?)
    - recommended key range is 50 (what does this mean? volume or something? or note range on the scale?)

I assume, if I were able to work this out, I would be able to upload the MIDI using the Nokia Audio Converter, and gidde up, set the ringtone, and it would vibrate. Can anyone out there help further.

How do I make the necessary adjustments to an existing MIDI (that I composed myself using Anvil Studio, or downloaded off the net) to add vibration (vibra) to it? Does it have to do with the above setting I was discussing?

Cheers,

Tom

Vibra in MIDI files

I actually discovered that with the vibration set to on, my 7210 will actually vibrate with MIDI files set as ring tones, but it's a standard vibration, 1 buzz per second, 4 times and then a break, etc., or something like that. I actually hadn't realized this because when you go to select the ring tones and the phone "samples" them for you, it doesn't vibrate on the MIDI tones (without vibra), but it does for the standard ringtones like Ring Ring and Nokia Tone. I thought this meant that it won't vibrate at all for MIDI without Vibra, but when you select them as Ringtones, it does do a standard vibration.

Personally, this isn't so bad for me. I'd prefer to compose something that is synchronised, but I don't really know how to use Cubase (tried the demo), don't really want to shell out for anything, and can't figure out how to get the darn vibra into a MIDI at any rate and am having difficulty finding tutorial-type info or help anywhere. Searches on the Nokia site turn up nothing although I have a feeling it's here somewhere, I'm just not finding it.

Anyway, for those perhaps like me (who need a MIDI/Vibra for your Nokia Cellphone for Dummies book), just to put this info into print, if you select a non-vibra MIDI for your phone (mine's a 7210, but presumably all or most models are similar), the phone will still vibrate, but it's a standard buzz buzz, and is not in synch with the muzak.

Cheers to that, but if anyone still feels kind enough to point us dummies in the right direction as to how to really get that vibra going in MIDIs, please feel free to enlighten.

Yeah, I have the same problem.

I'm using noteworthy as well, but can't get my 7210 to buzz.

To get back to the original message, a vibraphone is an instrument, that produces a vibating tone. It's NOT the midi instrument used to vibrate your phone....
    Last edited by jaimevisser; 2003-07-31 at 10:39.

ok.
    What instrument I must use to get my Nokia 7250 "buzz.."..?