Discussion Board

how to connect and notice a bluetooth device automatic and quickly?

the question is i want to find a bluetooth device in the scope automatic . i use RHostResolver .but i think it is a too slow method to find a device .because i think a device must find a device with a loop . a better method tell me . Thanks a lot .

Nokia Developer Moderator
    RHostResolver is the way to search for remote devices if you need to have any search criteria or if you wish discovery and connection to happen automatically.

With the other method, using RNotifier, the user gets a list of found devices from which she can select the device she wants to connect to.

Seppo
    Forum Nokia

Thank you very much . i know Notifier is a method to discovery bluetooth device . but i think if want to discovery automaticly . maybe not so good .because Notifier will auto pop a dialog . user
    must do some select action .i want to the the mobile phone grogram search other mobile automaticly .if a mobile phone close to it , it will notice quickly . but if pop a dialog .i think not so good .
    Is there a method let Notifier not pop dialog ? Tell me .

Have any method to resolve the problem ? thank for your advice.

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Those are options:
    either to use RNotifier (with the dialog for the user to select the device) or to use RHostResolver for 'advanced' device discoveries.

Seppo
    Forum Nokia

another problem???

now i think only one way to solve my problem . use Notifier needn't. but now i have a question .
    how to get the remote device "port" attribute.not use Notifier method ? if use Notifier plug_in method can get port attribute from TBTDeviceResponseParams structure. but if i can't use Notifier i want to get Port attribute .how can i get it ???

thank seppo_fn advices !

if not one but a lot of device in the search scope . RHostResolver get devices may be slowly . only find not send message may be faster .becouse getting a device once will cost not a quick time .

another , may be i want filter device type myself. if more than a type of bluetooch device in the scope, but i want to filter mobile phone or pc only . i want to cost time to filte . is it right ?

Do you have any good advices to me . teach me with detail .because now i don't know which method is best effective and best way . thanks a lot !!!!