Discussion Board

setLights on 3650?

has anyone ever tried using setLights from Nokia UI API on 3650? i've tried, and on the emulator it works (the screen is brighter) but on the actual device it won't work. if anyone knows anything about this please tell me..

Super Contributor
    Lights and vibration (or in general the DeviceControl class), doesn't work on the 7650 and the 3650. No exceptions or errors, the methods simply do nothing.

i see, thanks. it's kinda confusing how Nokia give us the methods but doesn't actually implement it.. will future devices support this feature?

There are devices which support light and vibrate. The 3410 is one of them. I don't know any ohters, since I have only used the 3410

Super Contributor
    Most devices support the feature. The only two that don't as far as I know are the Series 60 devices: 7650 and the 3650 (I don't know if the 6600 supports backlight and vibration).
    Maybe in some future firmware the methods will be implemented, who know?... But if they are then you're program will work on the newer devices, but not crash in the old ones...