Discussion Board

uids and sis instalation

Hello!! Well I have receive some UIDs in order to install my application in the 3650 phone and I wanted to know what files I have to change .mmp,.sis and I think there are some more but I not sure.
    Another question is how to pass all the images I use in my application for displaying all of them in the phone without crashes. If someone could help me I would be grateful!! Many thanks in advance!!

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

You need to change the UID to following files: AIF,MMP, & PKG. Also you need to define it in your code, so the AppDllUid()-function in your application class will return right value.

For images, put them to one mbm file which you need to include in your PKG file, the destination could be same as with your app file. Then get the file name in your code as follows:

TParse parse;
    TFileName MbmFileName;

parse.Set(CEikonEnv::Static()->EikAppUi().Application()->AppFullName(), NULL, NULL);

MbmFileName.Copy(parse.DriveAndPath());
    MbmFileName.Append(KtxMBMName);

yucca

thanks!!

Hello!! many thanks for your help. I suppose that MbmFileName is the name of my .mbm file but in this case what is KtxMBMName? Could you tell me in which file I have to add this piece of code ( view, document,...)? Thank you very much!!

Nokia Developer Moderator
    Hi

The KtxMBMName is your file name, (use LIT to make it). The code will read the current drive and full path to applications folder and add the name there in the end.

then you'll have the filename in MbmFileName, which you then use to access your picture file, which ever method you prefer.

yucca