Discussion Board

Loading App on 7210

Hello,

I am having trouble on loading application on 7210. I try to load through IR and there is a message coming out on my laptop that The transfer could not finish...... because ........"Data is Invalid". I for that matter could not transfer (IR) any file on the device. What could be the issue. Is that a phone specific issue?

What are the limitations on a Java App for 7210. I mean, what .jad file, .jar file are supported. Are these limitations any different when loading Over The Air?

Asking many question, hoping to get reply of some of them atleast

-Nachiket

Super Contributor
    Hi.

I had many problems too when first installing to a real phone - the emulator does not perform so many checks on JAD and JAR integrity.

I'm more worried that you say you can't install *anything* to the phone. Do you mean you can't copy a JPEG into the picture gallery, that kind of thing? That should be no problem, so if that doesn't work you may have more of a problem. If you can copy simply files across, just not install apps using the Nokia Application Installer, then it's probably something in your JAD file, or the MANIFEST in your JAR. Max sizes are about 5k for the JAD, and 63.7k for the JAR. Can you install your app onto the 7210 emulator? Using the -provisioning option? This performs the same checks as the phone, so will allow you to check whether it's your files or the connection that's the problem.

Cheers,
    Graham.

Yes, I can not transfer *any* file onto the device.

I am aware of the JAD and JAR size constraints and requirements. Infact, my same application works like a charm on 3650/7650. But, I am not even able to load it on a Series 40.

Super Contributor
    Hmmm... I'm not familiar with the 3650/7650, so I'm not sure what the differences are. Are you using the same software to transfer files to both? Have you tried removing the 3650 software and installing the 7210 software on your laptop? I use a 6100 and install via IR from an IBM Thinkpad - an old one!! I'm running Windows 2000. There was no trick to getting it to work, just installed the software.

Hello,
    I had the same problem.

Now i transfer all my applications with the tool Nokia_Developers_Suite_for_J2ME!

And befor I transfer the files I compile it, then I gnenerate the files by the Nokia_Developers_Suite_for_J2ME and after that I deploy it to my phone also with Nokia_Developers_Suite_for_J2ME.

And it alwas works!

Cheers

martin.using.7210

Martin,

Does that mean you are transfering the file through a cable? I am using Infrared to transfer files to the phone. Has anybody encountered similar problems with IR on 7210?

-Nachiket

Hi Nachiket,

no I'm using IRDA. I also life in the year 2003!:-)

Try it!

Have fun.

Regular Contributor
    i m using IRDA for Nokia 6800 (Serie 40).

for ur problem, is that ur image width or height larger than the hand phone size???

hand phone size is 128x128.

sometime there will be a problem if ur images intersect each other, try to use 7210 emulator test it first b4 u deploy.