Discussion Board

Thread: OS upgrade

OS upgrade

I am currently running OS V.03.35 Is there a way to upgrade this OS on my device via a flash or install of some type?

Cliff

Phone is not a PC.

Probably not. As you do not upgrade your TV, microwave, etc. operationg system at home.

You can give a try:
    www.club.nokia.com

Thanks for your understanding,
    The Cleaner Service

contrariwise, i've never seen my microwave having a system crash...

You are lucky!

People says, some metal inside could do wonderfull firework... )

Seriusly I saw a bug in my TV-software when TV turn to Picture in Picture mode. I returned it to a service, but they were unable to detect the same faliure during a week even if I show them before how shortly start the second picture run for a while.

Hope your system crash look more obvious, and services around you have more skills than my TV-service...

CLR

Indeed the phone is not a PC, but it runs an operating system, which is far from perfect and bug-free. In the case of SmartPhones, the OS MUST be upgradable - look at Microsoft's Smartphone: an EXCELLENT platform (far more powerful and easier to program than Symbian) and totally upgradable.

It is just Nokia practice that won't provide upgrades in order the developers/users to buy the "new" model.

Net314,

More "powerful" in what sense? My 3650 is far more powerful in quite a few areas than e.g. SPV (a lot speedier response in the UI - Bluetooth APIs, Java MIDP API). Sure, there a lot things to improve in the SDK, but SmartPhone is definately not "more powerful" and I've used both.

And actually you need to buy a new phone if you want to "upgrade" from SmartPhone 2002 to SmartPhone 2003.