Discussion Board

6310 and 3com Bluetooth card

I had been using the 6310 via IR for fax, GPRS and Data with no problems on WIN2000. We have been supplied by Vodafone with 3com Bluetooth cards and while the 3com system can see the 6310, we can't get any modem connection with either system. Can you supply complete setup instructions please.

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: 6310 and 3com Bluetooth card

Please install the modem driver for the Nokia 6310 (Modem Setup for the Nokia 6310) found at:
    http://www.nokia.com/phones/productsupport/6310/downloads.html

During installation, if you do not have a DTL-4, do not try to detect the phone but install the driver manually.

-seppo
    Forum Nokia

RE: 6310 and 3com Bluetooth card

I think the person in the original post doesn't have a DTL-4 Nokia bluetooth card and neither do I. Whenever I try to install the Nokia Modem setup software the choice for bluetooth is totally greyed out. From what I can see in the manuals that came with the phone it says "please go to forums.nokia.com" to find out how to get a DUN connection if you don't have a DTL-4 card.

What I'd love to find out is the proceedure to "install the driver manually" as you put it so I can dial out with my phone via bluetooth.

I have a IBM ThinkPad A31 laptop with an IBM Bluetooth PC Card along with my 6310i.

Any help you could offer would be happily accepted!