Discussion Board

LSK on 3650/7650/Series 60

Hi,

I am trying hard to get my commands appear on LSK on Series 60 phones. But, apparently, the commands always come up under 'Options' Submenu all the time. Any ideas/suggestions on how to force a command to appear on the LSK - without Options submenu?

Commands appear on RSK without any special effort.

-Nachiket

Regular Contributor
    u using more than 2 command??? some API has only 1 command which is option command if u add more than 1 command to it such as "Form", nothing can help

Regular Contributor
    The S60 have a built-in Exit command mapped to LSK that you cannot eliminate, so you coudn't take a command on the LSK alone, but you can do to the RSK.

I have just two commands. One of those commands on RSK and the other appear under Options menu on LSK. I want to get rid of Options menu and be able to put commands straight on LSK.

-Nachiket

Regular Contributor
    Did you manage to do do that?
    I'm facing the same problem.

Regular Contributor
    No, you can not manage that.
    The Exit is always on the LSK, so you couldn't put any Command on the LSK alone.

Regular Contributor
    Thanks.
    However, I saw posted in this forun which said that the solution is FullCanvas. I tried it my self and it worked.

zivgr
    However, I saw posted in this forun which said that the solution is FullCanvas. I tried it my self and it worked.

The point is, that this way you can't call it "adding a Command" or "having a single Command". You have to paint everything manually, handle key presses, etc. That's probably not what guys here are looking for

Regular Contributor
    Well you can listen to keyPressed which is almost the same and draw the labels for the soft keys by your self

Super Contributor
    Anyone seen this package.
    I still haven't managed to get it to work on the Nokia emulators, only on Sun's, but it looks like it could really help you guys. Just change their Canvas to a FullCanvas....

shmoove

(plus, I would really like to hear from someone that managed to get it to work on the Nokia emus)

shmoove
    Anyone seen this package

Looks very nice, and they claim, that lib is usable while taking 10kb only. Heh, if similar library was proposed by Sun or Nokia..

Unfortunately GPL is not the best licensing option for me
    Meanwhile I develop kind of similar library bit by bit.

Well, maybe I will use your link for my personal projects if I will ever have them

Thanx a lot

Synclast UI library

GPL is the default license, but other licensing terms are available... for example if you distribute your app with Synclast the GPL terms are waived (and it's not an exclusive distribution deal)

Also we will be releasing a version with FullCanvas support in the future.

Cheers

Wes

Regular Contributor
    Could someone please tell waht GPL is?

zivgr
    Could someone please tell waht GPL is?

Basically according to this license you can use their code and can make money on it, but you have to make your code available for everyone.

wesbiggs
    GPL is the default license, but other licensing terms are available... for example if you distribute your app with Synclast the GPL terms are waived

Or yeah, I read your licensing proposition, you want to have right to sell our app and pay something back to us.
    Nice idea.. but how am I supposed to tell my boss about it?
    Especially taking into account that we do subcontracting and another company will decide how to sell our product

No-no. As for me it would be times simpler if I could say my boss: "Hey, there is a great tool, just $20 and upgrade discounts! They receive credit cards, bank transfers and whatever. Let's try it."

Synclast UI commercial license

Hi DoctorDwarf,

Synclast is open to general commercial licenses as well.
    Please contact us at info@synclast.com for details.

I believe the open source model is a great one for developing quality software, but we understand it can constrain the ability for the API to be used in commercial environments, so Synclast will be maintaining the right to release the software under commercial licenses as well. Distributing apps with our service is a kind of win-win situation, but for apps like the ones you mention, that might not be a viable solution, so we're open to other arrangements.

Regards,

Wes