Discussion Board

how to create the commands in j2me

i want to create commands with menu type. That is i want to create the commands to a form . when click the one command it will show the some group of commands. Any buddy help me out to solve this problem!.

Regular Contributor
    Can you explain what you want to do?
    Bcoz it's not clear....

Regards
    Chandu

In brief he want's to have Commands menu with submenus or something similar

Super Contributor
    Commands are not designed to function like menus. But you could have Commands that open a List screen with a "sub-menu" of options.

Beware that if your "top-menu" of Command objects has few enough entries, then they may all get mapped to separate soft-keys rather than using the "menu" style of access. The minimum number of options you would need to force a menu depends on the device. So you may prefer to use a single Command, which activates a List with the top level menu, options on which in turn activate "sub-menu" Lists. It depends on what devices you need to support, and how much you want your look-and-feel to change.

Regular Contributor
    Hi ,

If you are using it for some games setting ...or stuff like that you can go for Menu list or else you can go for creating set of names and putting them on canvas and by using pointer you can provide the fuctionality as you want....I think it's bit tough but you can put good GUI....after all you can choose what you want from your req right?

I hope this may help....

Regards

Chandu