Discussion Board

Recommendation on Java/J2ME Supoprt +device

I am having deep deep problems working with C++ on an SE P800 that has incomplete Java support (bascially, games and hello world are pushing it!). C++ stinks. Period. (I use ObjectiveC & Java for server side).

I need BTooth bidirectional (the handheld must find and connect to multiple hardware devs and RS232 adapters), SMS send, receive, MMS same and camera API all programmatically.

If I need to use JavaONE ME I can...though if I can build using a standard Java 2SE/CE all the better as it will be faster! ;-)

Advice pls as to device and build environment support or number for experienced Nokia sales person to call! I am a long term Nokia user (now 6310i) and I still keep my classic 6110 from 1998 and it might be best if I came home.

Regular Contributor

bluetooth

you may want to check the new Nokia series 60 handset that NOkia is supporting both bluettoth and midp with..

The specs and other info can be found on the front page of this site..

Thanks - the series 60 certainly. However, SE P800 had similar 'specs', was UIQ and ended up being an empty promise. No real PJava, no Etel/JavaPhone, no fax, no BT, no SMS no this no that.

So it would be great to get positive confirmation - I have seen the APIs listed such as 82 for BT...but I have been once bitten...I was looking at the 3650 but that is MIDP 1.0 and I believe I need MIDP 2.0...so is that 6600 only?...and when? This is the problem I have.