Discussion Board

Read files from directory

Hi all, i have writing a small and simple MIDlet for reading textfiles and show it on a form on the phone.
    But now will I have to copy a textfile in the directory /res and the programm will automaticly read the textfile and show the inclusion from him.
    But where is the directory /res on the phone. How can I copy a textfile in there?
    When I install the MIDlet on the pfone I didn't see the directories:-(
    Where are the directories?

How can I do it?

There are no directories. You can place your files to JAR file (there you can create some directory like structure) and access them using Class.getResourceAsStream()

Read files from directory

Hi, but can I load a new textfile after the instllation from the jar file and the MIDlet will read this file?

Thanks.

Sorry, your question is not clear for me.

If you mean whether you can archive everything to jar, then install it to the phone and then read your file from MIDlet, then yes, you can do it

Super Contributor
    Hi, but can I load a new textfile after the instllation from the jar file and the MIDlet will read this file?
    You can't. The "sandbox" model won't let you. Only viable solution is to have the MIDlet download the new files from a server through an http connection.

shmoove