I'm trying to track down a crash on my 7650 game which happens only after about 20-25 minutes of play :-/ I used to see an OutOfMemory exception, but not I get KERN_EXEC 3, hooray.
So just in case I've missed a bug, and for the sanity of all who pass through here in future, here's as much of a list of 7650 bugs that I can think of from the top of my head and scouring the forums, please post any more that I might have missed. I'll collect any replies, corrections or additions and post a new thread with everyone's knowledge collected in a few days.
* (firmware 4.39+) Image.createImage never relases its image memory, can't be used reliably (or is it getGraphics which does this?)
* Class.getResourceAsStream() leaks memory every time it's used? At least a tight loop of getResourceAsStream calls causes a KERN_EXEC 3.
* InputStream.skipBytes() throws a NullPointerException occasionally-- can't be relied on to work. AFAICT between this and the previous bug you can't reliably open and close files during the normal running of an application (seems okay during initialisation though).
* Switching between FullCanvas objects using Display.setCurrent causes a white flicker, must work around by only ever using a single FullCanvas object.
* Playing tones doesn't work at.
* HttpConnection bug? I know there is one, I just don't know anything about it since I've not had to use it.
Any corrections, additions etc. welcome.